1. I have a perpetual license for Capture One Pro 12 (or older version) but I want to upgrade to Capture One Pro 20.
2. I have a perpetual license for Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) 12 (or older version) but I want to upgrade to Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) 20.
3. I have a perpetual license for Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) but I want to switch to Capture One Pro.
How to upgrade Capture One?
IMPORTANT! Upgrading is possible for perpetual license owners only.
1. Purchase an upgrade
First of all, you need to check the eligibility of your license by going to My Account -> Upgrade your license or to https://www.captureone.com/en/account/upgrade. Enter your license code.
When you purchase an upgrade to shift away from the current software version to a newer one or to switch from the brand product variant (for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony)) to Pro, you are asked for your old product key to validate the upgrade.
Upgrading from one major release to another (i.e. from 12 to 20) for the same product variant
- Capture One Pro 12 -> Capture One Pro 20
- Capture One Pro 11 -> Capture One Pro 20
- Capture One for Fujifilm 12 -> Capture One for Fujifilm 20
- Capture One (for Sony) 12 -> Capture One (for Sony) 20
You will see the following options for upgrade:
NOTE: If you choose the Switch to subscription option for upgrading the perpetual license for any brand version (for Fujifilm, for Nikon, or (for Sony)), it won't be possible to upgrade that subscription to Pro in further.
Upgrading from a brand version to Capture One Pro.
- Capture One for Nikon 20 -> Capture One Pro 20
- Capture One (for Sony) 12 -> Capture One Pro 20
- Capture One for Fujifilm 20 -> Capture One Pro 20
- It is not possible to upgrade from one brand version to another (i.e. from Capture One for Fujifilm to Capture One for Nikon).
- Downgrading from Pro to the brand version is not available.
- If you run Capture One Express but have recently purchased Capture One license, there is no need to download software once again. Just deactivate Capture One Express and activate Capture One with the license code you have recently purchased.
- If you are using a subscription license, there is no need to upgrade it because any subscription license code allows you to use the latest version of Capture One.
- If you are running Capture One with the subscription license for any brand version (for Fujifilm, for Nikon, or (for Sony)), it won't be possible to upgrade it to Pro.
2. Get your new license key
After purchasing the upgrade, Capture One will send you a NEW license code which you will use to activate a new version of Capture One.
At the same time, Capture One disables your old license code after the upgrade, so it will no longer appear in your License Management section on captureone.com
The new license still remains backward compatible so that you can activate an older version of Capture One. For instance, a Capture One Pro 20 perpetual license can still be used to activate the previous versions of Capture One Pro should you need to continue with the old software.
3. Download Capture One
The latest Capture One version and the previous versions can be downloaded from here.
4. Activate Capture One
Use the NEW license key you received after the upgrade.