Capture One offers a dedicated cursor tool to straighten images. The cursor can be found in the Rotation & Flip tool as well as in the Cursor toolbar. You can also access it using the keyboard shortcut R.
Click on the image and drag the cursor along a horizon or a line in an image that you want to be aligned to. The tool can be used with vertical references as well (for example, against the side of a building). Capture One automatically rotates the image to the line you have created and then crops it accordingly.
- Go to the Objektiv tool tab.
- From the Drehung & Spiegelung tool, select the Gerade richten cursor (curved arrow icon) or select the Gerade richten cursor option from the Cursor tool menu bar.
- Go to the Viewer and mark up a horizontal or vertical line in need of correction by clicking on a point at one end of a horizon and then by clicking on the other end, for example.
- The image will be automatically straightened and cropped when the mouse button is released.
- Use the Winkel slider to fine-tune the straightening. For ultra-fine adjustment, hover your mouse over the slider and change the setting with your scroll wheel if desired.