Here are a list of bugs found in Capture One 22 Windows version 15.3.x many of which are known but not listed as such in the release notes.
I hope this list helps other users quickly find out whether the issue they are facing is unique to their situation or is a (known) bug. I also hope this list will become obsolete when C1 opens their own transparent/honest bug tracker.
If you have found a bug please share it. Also mention if it was confirmed to you by support it's a known bug. I label those with [known].
- [known since v20] For images shot with a (Fuji?) lens that does not have a CO correction profile (Manufacturer profile) performing the 'Chromatic aberration > ...> analyze' results in the distortion slide being set to 0 on each subsequent restart of Capture One. Even when resetting the slider to its default 100 by double clicking it.
Workaround: after the analysis, change the distortion value to another value e.g. 98 by scrolling or dragging it and then scroll/drag back to 100. Now the value sticks after restarts.
- [Fixed in 15.4.2] Shortcuts like M (show mask), C (crop) or H (hand/ pan) no longer work after interacting with floating tools.
You can reproduce the issue by creating a floating layer tool and switching layers by clicking them. While the focus is on the floating layer tool the shortcut M no longer shows/hides the mask on the image in the viewer. This does not happen when interacting with docked tools. [related topic]
note: while fixed for the examples listed, shortcuts with an alt-key (modifier) in them are reportedly still not working.
- [fixed in 15.3.3] The update checker 'help > check for updates' reports a successful check but fails to show an update is available. Happened in all versions 15.3.x until 15.3.3.
Update: Running a manual check for updates showed 15.4.0 in the download column. There was no notification or prompt asking to update.
- [fixed in 15.3.3] Layers can only be rearranged when you use a secret move while dragging: first go straight left or right and then up or down. Dragging immediately up or down without this 90-degree move results in either nothing happening or when the layer you want to rearrange was already selected the layer you land on is now selected in name-edit mode.(as if you clicked that layer a second time. Of course it's the layer you wanted to drag you clicked twice, so somehow the edit invocation transferred to the other layer)
Note re. 15.3.3: While it's now possible to reorder the layers, their order is however still not saved and reset to their original order upon restart of C1 (bug#5 below).
Note 2: the remaining issue has been solved in 15.4.2
- [Fixed in 15.4.2] Rearranged layers are returned to their original order in which they were created after restarting Capture One. [related topic]
- Drawing a linear or radial gradient mask distorts the mask to the original geometry of the photo instead of the lens / keystone corrected one you're seeing. This results in a non-parallel or oval gradient when trying to draw a straight (parallel) linear gradient or circle. For images that had noticeable barrel distortion corrected the linear gradient's fade-in and fade-out boundary lines now run in a curve instead of straight. [related topic]
- [known] Image Browser jumps to seemingly random locations.
Switching between albums in the catalogue remembers the last selected photo, but does not remember the location of the scrollable browser (by default vertical film-strip on the right). Instead the location you're at in one browser appears to carry over to the browser view for the next album you select. If you're in a larger album at photo 100 and the album you switch to only has 50, you're put at the end.
This means the image shown in the viewer is often not in view in the film-strip.
The same happens when you scroll the browser while having a filter (e.g. star or colour rating) active. After removing the filter the film-strip does not go/stay on the selected photo but moves to the same count of photos down you were while filtered. Of course photo 20 in a filtered list can be the 150th photo in the unfiltered list. Effectively scrolling you up. (thanks Christiaan for mentioning.) [related topic]
- [fixed in 15.3.3]If the search box of the browser is expanded it steals focus whenever you switch tool tabs and then try to use a shortcut.
To reproduce: make sure your browser strip is wide enough causing the search box to be expanded. This can be a bottom film-strip or a wider than default one on the side.
Switch tool tabs (default on the left) by clicking another tab.
Now use a tool shortcut, f.i. switch from the hand cursor to the crop tool by pressing c.
"c" was entered in the search field instead of getting the crop tool, get annoyed, backspace it out, click the viewer to focus the photo and try again.
Workaround: use a browser strip on the side and keep it narrow so that the search box collapses. [related topic]
- [Known]In the Windows notification after a successful export the "show in explorer" function ignores the export recipes subfolder and thus opens an explorer window that is 1 level up in the tree.
Obviously it cannot preselect the exported image here. (like it does when you right-click a raw file in the browser and use "Show in Explorer")
- [Known]The Windows notification after a successful HDR merge does not switch back to Capture One when you click "show image" while you are currently doing something else like browsing the internet. When you switch back manually you'll notice the resulting HDR image was in fact selected in the background. (found it in 15.4.1, unsure of it pre-existing)
- [new in 15.3.3?] Several users report that the installation of C1 fails to install all .NET runtime dependencies. Launching C1 subsequently results in an error saying the required ".Net Framework" is missing. Answering yes to the prompt asking if you want to download it does nothing.
Workaround: C1 uses both .NET 4 (at least 4.72, latest available is 4.81) and .NET 6 Desktop Runtime. Check which desktop runtime is missing and download+install it.
version mgmt: the above was checked and updated for 15.4.2
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.