I downloaded and installed Capture One, however, I experience some issues such as:
- My adjustment tools are grayed out.
- My camera cannot be connected.
- I want to activate a different mode of the software.
Consider that Capture One can be activated and used in 6 modes:
- Capture One Pro - The same as Pro DB but the full version supporting DSLR, including Sony and Fuji cameras.
- Capture One Pro Fujifilm - Full version for Fuji users.
- Capture One Express Fujifilm - Basic version for Fuji users.
- Capture One Pro Sony - Full version for Sony users.
- Capture One Express Sony - Basic version for Sony users.
- Capture One Pro DB - Full version for digital back support only (digital back owners can use Capture One in DB mode free of charge as no license needed).
If you want to change the mode chosen initially, proceed with the following steps to do that.
1. You can check the current version of Capture One that is currently in use by navigating to the main menu and choosing Capture One -> About Capture One on macOS and Help -> About on Windows.
Image 1. Check the current version of Capture One on macOS.
Image 2. Check the current version of Capture One on Windows.
Image 3. Capture One version.
2. To switch to a different mode, select Capture One -> License on macOS and Help -> License Information on Windows
Image 4. Switch to a different mode on macOS.
Image 5. Switch to a different mode on Windows
3. Select Change License and re-launch Capture One after pressing Quit on Mac.
In Windows, select Stop Running digital back only/Express Sony only/Express Fujifilm only.
4. After you re-launch the software, you will be prompted to select your Capture One product and activate it.
6) Enter your Capture One License Key and email address if applicable. This must be the original e-mail address used to purchase the license. Then click Get Profile.
7. Verify your password associated with your Phase One profile. If everything is entered correctly, it will ask you to enter your First Name, Last Name, and the country. Then click Activate.
8. If you have done everything correctly, you will receive a confirmation stating that you are now ready to use Capture One in your preferred mode.