I want to switch from the current mode (product variant) of the software to another one. How can I do that?
IMPORTANT: The instructions outlined in this article are applicable for Capture One 12 and older versions only.
Consider that Capture One can be activated and used in 8 modes:
- Capture One Pro - Full versions supporting camera models from major camera brands, including Sony and Fuji cameras.
- Capture One Fujifilm - Full version for Fujifilm camera users.
- Capture One Express Fujifilm - Basic version for Fujifilm camera users.
- Capture One (for Sony) - Full version for Sony camera users.
- Capture One Express (for Sony) - Basic version for Sony camera users.
- Capture One for Phase One (Phase One/Mamiya Lead Digital Back support only) - Full version for digital back support only. Digital back owners can use Capture One for Phase One free of charge. Learn how to activate Capture One for Phase One.
- Capture One Enterprise - This product variant has the same set of features as Capture One Pro along with exclusive tools that are particularly useful for in-house photographic production.
- Capture One Cultural Heritage - It offers the same set of features found in Capture One Pro and adds exclusive tools and features designed to aid museums, libraries, archives, and other institutions when digitizing a wide range of materials.
If you want to change the mode chosen initially, proceed with the following steps to do that.
1. You can check the current version of Capture One that is currently in use by navigating to the main menu and choosing Capture One -> About Capture One on macOS and Help -> About on Windows.
Image 1. Check the current version of Capture One on macOS.
Image 2. Check the current version of Capture One on Windows.
Image 3. Capture One version.
2. If you are still running a trial mode, just re-launch Capture One and choose another product variant.
In case you activated the software some time ago and now want to switch from Capture One (for Sony) to Capture One Fujifilm, for example, you need to purchase a license key for that product in Capture One web shop. Then proceed with the steps to deactivate Capture One as outlined in this article.
NOTE: As all product variants are embedded in a single download file, there is no need to download Capture One once again if you need to switch to a different product variant.
3. After you re-launch the software, you will be prompted to select your Capture One product and activate it.
4. Enter your Capture One License Key and email address if applicable. This must be the original e-mail address used to purchase the license. Then click Get Profile.
5. Verify your password associated with your Capture One profile. If everything is entered correctly, your profile information will be automatically filled. Then click Activate.