- Capture One Pro does not provide tethered support for my camera, but I can shoot tethered using my camera's proprietary software.
- Capture One Pro does not allow me to shoot tethered and to the storage card, but everything is fine when I use my camera's proprietary software.
To resolve this issue, we recommend using the Hot Folder option in Capture One Pro.
1. First of all, use your camera's proprietary software to connect the camera and shoot tethered to a designated folder. This may be referred to as Watch Folder or Destination Folder.
2. Then you can open a Capture One Pro session and locate your folder with the help of the Library tool.
3. Right-click on Destination Folder and choose the Set as Capture Folder option.
4. In the main menu bar, go to the Camera tab and select the Hot Folder Enabled option.
5. Turn off the Capture One's ability to communicate with the camera in the preferences if necessary (in case your camera is supported tethered in Capture One). Afterwards, restart the software so that the changes take effect.
NOTE: Using similar software to view or edit the RAW images while running Capture One may result in the inability for Capture One to access the folder containing these images. This usually happens when the Nikon software and Capture One are running at the same time. When using the Canon software, EOS Utility should be the only other open camera software and the Remote Shooting feature should be turned on.