Capture One crashes or cannot be relaunched on Windows Vista.
Proceed with the following steps to repair the files that are a part of Windows Vista Media Center.
1. Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then select Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and press Run as administrator.
2. Click Continue to authorize opening a command prompt with administrator privileges.
3. Run the command "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) in the Administrator Command Prompt window.
4. Afterwards, you will see something like "Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.", so you have to wait for the scan to complete (this can take several minutes).
5. When the scan is complete, the SFC tool indicates whether or not it has found any integrity violations and offers the chance to fix those.
NOTE: If Capture One crashed, you may need to repair .Net Framework 2.0/3.0/4.0 (depending on the version of Capture One) on Windows Vista. Unfortunately, it is not easy to repair the registry keys/values that are installed by Windows Vista. If you want to try to repair the registry keys/values that are a part of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, you will need to run Windows Vista OS setup again and repair the OS.