If you have a subscription, you do not need to purchase anything else.
Simply download the latest version here, and activate with your existing license key and Capture One profile.
The steps below are for perpetual license holders only (buying a license for a specific version)
How to upgrade Capture One?
Upgrading is for perpetual license owners only.
1. Purchase an upgrade
First of all, you need to check the eligibility of your license by going to My Account -> Upgrade license or to https://www.captureone.com/en/account/upgrade.
You do not need to purchase an upgrade if you have a subscription – simply enter your existing license key, which can be retrieved here.
When you purchase an upgrade to shift away from the current software version to a newer one or to switch from the brand product variant (for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony)) to Pro, you are asked for your old product key to validate the upgrade.
Upgrading from one major release to another (i.e. from 20 to 21) for the same product variant.
- Capture One 22 --> Capture One 23
- Capture One for Fujifilm 22 --> Capture One for Fujfilm 23
You will see the following options for upgrade:
NOTE: If you choose to Switch to subscription, there will be no need to upgrade further, as you will always have access to the latest version of Capture One.
Upgrading from a brand version to Capture One Pro.
- Capture One for Nikon 20 -> Capture One Pro 23
- Capture One (for Sony) 12 -> Capture One Pro 23
- Capture One for Fujifilm 22 -> Capture One Pro 23
- Downgrading from Pro to the brand version is not available.
- If you run Capture One Express but have recently purchased Capture One license, there is no need to download the software once again. Just deactivate Capture One Express and activate Capture One with the license code you have recently purchased.
- If you are using a subscription license, there is no need to upgrade it because any subscription license code allows you to use the latest version of Capture One.
- If you are running Capture One with the subscription license for any brand version (for Fujifilm, for Nikon, or (Sony)), it won't be possible to upgrade it to Pro.
2. Get your new license key
After purchasing the upgrade, Capture One will send you a NEW license code which you will use to activate a new version of Capture One.
At the same time, Capture One disables your old license code after the upgrade, so it will no longer appear in your License Management section on captureone.com
The new license still remains backward compatible so that you can activate an older version of Capture One. For instance, a Capture One Pro 22 perpetual license can still be used to activate the older versions of Capture One Pro should you need to continue with the old software.
3. Download Capture One
Capture One can be downloaded from here.
4. Activate Capture One
Use the NEW license key you received after the upgrade.