I want to activate Capture One 12 (or an earlier version). How do I do that?
IMPORTANT: To activate Capture One 20 and later versions, please check this article.
1. After downloading and installing Capture One, launch it for the first time. You will have to choose the product variant of Capture One upon the launch. Then, you will be presented with the following options: Try, Buy, Activate:
- Try is to test the software during the 30-days trial period.
- Buy is to purchase a license or subscription.
- Activate is to enter your license key and activate the software (Pro, Fujifilm, (for Sony), and Enterprise product variants).
2. The option Try will allow you to test the software for 30 days starting from the moment you press Try. To activate the software, choose the mode associated with your license in which you would prefer to run Capture One. If you are unsure which product variant to choose, please refer to the invoice generated when you purchased the software.
3. On the next page, press Activate. This will bring you to the activation screen.
NOTE: Please note that you cannot activate a subscription offline
4. Enter the 16-character license code correctly. Enter the e-mail address associated with your profile on captureone.com and select Get Profile.
5. Enter the password associated with your profile at captureone.com and press OK. If you don't remember the password, click E-mail My Password to have a password reset link sent to your e-mail address. Otherwise, press OK.
NOTE: If you do not have a profile on the captureone.com website, then you will have to create one. The profile used for the first activation will be automatically associated with the following license key onwards.
6. The information will be retrieved from our profile server so that the fields will be filled in automatically. Then press Activate.
7. Activation is complete now. Press Done.