I need to clean the IR Filter on my digital back.
The IR Filter should be clean before shooting.
The Phase One cleaning kit helps you remove any dirt, grease, spots or streaks on your Digital Back IR Filter.
Cleaning kit contents
Eclipse Fluid is a clear liquid that contains isopropanol and deionized water to be used for cleaning. It evaporates fast without leaving any stripes/streaks on the cleaned surface.
PecPad contains high-quality 100% hydroentangled polyester wipes which are excellent for nonabrasive cleaning of filters and coated lenses. The wipe ensures an efficient cleaning procedure without leaving particles on the surface.
E-Wipes. Those are the pre-wet tissues similar to PecPad. Using E-Wipes can save some time since you do not have to add Eclipse to them.
Scraper makes it easy to wipe the IR Filter from edge to edge in just a single movement. The Scraper must always be covered by at least two layers of PecPad. Direct contact with the IR Filter will scratch the surface.
1. Use a hand-powered dust blower (such as Giottos dust rocket) to blow any loose dust off the filter. Do not use compressed or canned air. This can break the gasket under the filter and allow dust underneath.
2. Take a clean PecPad and fold it in half, then fold the tissue over the Scraper.
3. Make it wet with the Eclipse Fluid.
4. Wipe across the filter with strong pressure in one direction.
Check the video describing the cleaning procedure in detail.
Using the older DigiClean kit
DigiClean A. It is a blue liquid that contains alcohol and soap. It removes dirt, grease, spots, etc. from the CCD and IR Filter surface easily and carefully.
DigiClean B. It is a clear liquid that contains isopropanol and deionised water to be used for the final cleaning after using DigiClean A. This prevents a film of DigiClean A from remaining on the CCD/IR-Filter. It evaporates fast without leaving any stripes/streaks on the cleaned surface.
DigiTissue. It contains high-quality 100% hydroentangled polyester wipes. Excellent for nonabrasive cleaning of CCDs, filters, and coated lenses. The wipe ensures an efficient cleaning procedure without leaving particles on the surface.
DigiScraper makes it easy to wipe the CCD/IR Filter from edge to edge in one movement.
It must always be covered by at least two layers of DigiTissue. Direct contact with the CCD/IR Filter will scratch the surface.
1. Take a clean DigiTissue and fold the tissue over the DigiScraper.
2. Make it wet with the DigiClean A solution.
3. Wipe the CCD/ IR Filter. Wipe only once and in a single direction.
4. Take a new clean DigiTissue and make it wet with the DigiClean B solution. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times before DigiClean A dries on the CCD/Filter.