How do I import my catalog to Capture One and what will be imported?
Note that the Lightroom catalog must be of version 5.0 or higher.
We recommend that you always optimize the catalog in Lightroom, remove any unsupported files, and move parts of your catalog items (projects, books, folders, ...) to a new folder in Lightroom, and then export this folder as a new catalog
As Lightroom stores data only in the catalog form, you have to create a catalog in Capture One first in order to import a Lightroom catalog. It is not possible to import it to a session.
Watch this tutorial on how to import Lightroom catalog to Capture One.
Below is a list of what is supported
- Lightroom Collection -> Capture One Album
- Lightroom Collection Set -> Capture One Group
Smart Collections are not imported. Empty Collection Sets are not imported.
- White Balance Preset (if name equivalent) or WB Temperature/Tint
All other adjustments are ignored.
- Star Rating
- Color Label
- Applied Keywords (flat, not hierarchical)
- IPTC Core Contact: Creator Name, Job Title, Address, City, State/Province, Postal Code, Country, Telephone, Email, Website
- IPTC Core Content: Headline, Caption, Category, Supplemental Categories, Keywords, IPTC Subject Code, Caption/Description Writer
- IPTC Core Image: Intellectual Genre, IPTC Scene Code, Location, City, State/Province, Country, ISO Country Code
- IPTC Core Status: Title, Job Identifier, Instructions, Provider (Credit Line), Source, Copyright, Rights Usage Terms