How do I install Capture One Pro and other product variants of the software on my Windows machine?
How can I install Capture One on my Apple computer with Mac OS, OS X or macOS?
Capture One software includes an easy-to-use installer that will install all the software you need to run the application on a Windows-based computer.
To install the software, follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your account on the Capture One website using your credentials.
3. Launch the CaptureOne.Win.exe from your downloads folder or a chosen web browser.
4. When asked 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?', click Yes.
5. Read the software license agreement and click Next to continue with the installation.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Capture One will initiate the installation of Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.7 if it is not present already.
7. Once the installation is completed successfully, you will be notified about that. You can also choose to launch Capture One automatically once the installation process is finished.
NOTE: If you need to stop the installation at any point, simply click the Cancel button.
Capture One for computers with Mac OS, OS X or macOS can be installed easily via the disk image available on the Phase One website. Note that there is a single download file and application disregarding the Capture One license type (Pro, Fujifilm, (for Sony), for Phase One, Cultural Heritage, Enterprise, or Express).
To install Capture One on your Apple computer, follow the steps below.
1. Download Capture One
Once the download has started, allow the download to finish. Depending on the data transfer speed set by your internet provider, this may take between a few seconds and a few minutes. When the download is complete, the .dmg file will appear in your browser's download directory.
2. Mount the Disk Image (.dmg) file
Double click the .dmg file to mount the Capture One application bundle. This may take up to 15-30 seconds, depending on your machine. You may also see a dialog box asking for an action confirmation.
3. Move the Application bundle to the system's Applications folder
Open the Disk Image and drag the application bundle to the Applications folder alias, This will copy the Capture One application bundle to your system's Applications folder. Do not run Capture One from the Disk Image directly as this will severely limit Capture One's ability to behave as intended.
4. Open Capture One and activate it
Open a new Finder window and open your Applications folder (/Applications). Run Capture One from there. When launched first, you'll be prompted to activate the software either in the application or on our website.