When trying to process my captures, I get the error message "CAN NOT WRITE PROCESSED IMAGE. THE OUTPUT FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST. THE BATCH QUEUE HAS STOPPED. CREATE A PROCESS FOLDER FOR THIS SESSION, THEN RE-ENABLE THE BATCH QUEUE". What am I doing wrong in this case?
There are 2 major reasons associated with this error:
1. When you create a session in Capture One, it automatically creates a folder for the processed files. When you rename it, delete it, or move it to a different location, Capture One will lose track of it and present the error message.
2. You could have added a favorite in this session, designated it as the Process folder, and then renamed, deleted or moved it. The same error will take place.
Capture One uses the Gear icon to denote the current process folder. If the folder with the Gear icon next to it is in red type, this indicates that Capture One cannot find it.
There are several strategies for fixing this issue.
- Create a new session and move your captures from the problematic session to the Captures folder of the new session which will have a new Process folder.
- Create a new favorite in the current session and designate it as the Process folder.
- Find out what happened to the current Process folder and restore it to the condition that Capture One expects by either moving it back to the initial destination chosen by Capture One and/or restoring the original name.