I want to delete Capture One and everything else installed together with the application. How do I do this?
If you want to remove everything installed by Capture One, follow this procedure:
NOTE: Make sure you have backed up all images you wish to keep, as this procedure wipes out everything together within the application, including images.
1. Remove Capture One with the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel (In Windows XP you call up a list of control panels from the start menu).
2. Manually delete the folder C:\Program Files\Phase One (assuming you have installed Capture One in the standard location).
3. Hold down the Windows key and press the R key on the keyboard.
4. In the window that pops up, type in "cmd" (without brackets) and click OK.
5. Now a black window pops up and you have to enter a few commands directly in this window. Enter the following commands and end each one with hitting Enter/Return on the keyboard:
• del %windir%\system32\drivers\p1c1394.sys
• del %Windir%\INF\p1c1394.inf
6. Close the black window.
7. Open the Run window again by holding down the Windows key and pressing the R key. This time you type in "regedit" (without the quotes). This brings up the Registry Editor.
8. Delete the following two folders by right-clicking on them and selecting Delete.
• Hkey_current_ user\Software\Phase One
9. Restart your computer and all traces of Capture One should be gone.