How to uninstall Capture One 4, 5 or 6 on Windows XP?
1. Verify that the application is not running;
- End Process of the application in the Task Manager.
- Press Control+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously then choose Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, make sure that Capture One is not running. If it is still running, highlight CaptureOne.exe and click End Process.
2. In order to access the local settings, hidden folders must be accessible.
- Double click on My Computer.
- Go to Tools -> Folder Options.
- In the View tab, enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders option. Click OK.
3. Choose Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and select Capture One.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight Capture One and click Remove.
4. Delete the folder located in C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 4 [*5 or 6].
5. Delete the Library file (Capture One.col) from C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\My Documents\My Pictures\Capture One Library.
*Capture One.col can be named Capture One.col / .col45 / .col50 but delete regardless
6. Delete the Capture One folder in C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\CaptureOne.
7. Delete the Software Preference file in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Phase_One\CaptureOne.exe_Url_\*x.x.x\user.config
NOTE: This will vary depending on what version you are uninstalling. There will be sub-folders for every version installed containing the user.config file which contains preferences.