How do I create a screenshot on macOS and Windows?
For Mac users
1. To take a screenshot or recordings on your Mac you can use the Screenshot app. To open Screenshot press the combination of keys Shift+Command+5 or use Launchpad. Also, you can use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Shift+Command+3 to capture the whole screen
- Shift+Command+4 to capture a portion of the screen
- Shift+Command+4+Space bar to capture a window or menu
2. If there is no Screenshot app use Grab Utility. Navigate to Hard disk -> Applications-> Utilities->Grab.app. Capture the error message window and save it on your computer.
For Windows users
Press the Prnt Scrn or the Print Screen key on the keyboard.
- To copy the entire view of your monitor press Print Screen.
- To copy only the active window, hold Alt and press Prtn Scrn.
Now an image file is on the clipboard and can be pasted into another document. If you want to add text, highlights, or markings to an image, use the default Paint program or another software and save the file as JPEG. Alternatively, you may paste the screenshot into an MS Word Document.