How to associate a specific file type with an application?
Instructions for Windows 7 and newer versions.
- Go to the Control panel and choose Default Programs.
NOTE: When using Windows 8, Default Programs can be selected from the home screen.
- Then choose Set your default programs.
3. Here you can associate a file type with a specific program.
Instructions for Windows XP and older versions
- Navigate to the Start menu, launch the Control Panel, and select Folder Options.
- Go to the File Types tab where you can associate file types with applications, i.e. TIFF, TIF. After making all the necessary changes, press OK.