Deactivating Capture One might be needed in such cases:
- Switching between different Capture One product variants (i.e. from Capture One trial to Capture One Pro)
- Freeing up activation seats to activate Capture One on another workstation
- When your computer/laptop/workstation is not active or out of reach for any reason, and you need to free up the activation seat
- When reinstalling Capture One
You can either deactivate directly from the application or on the website
Deactivate Capture One in the application
To deactivate Capture One, an internet connection is required.
- Open the License dialog box via the menu Capture One -> License (Mac) / Help -> License (Win)
- Press 'Deactivate
3. Confirm that you want to perform the deactivation.
4. Restart Capture One
Deactivate Capture One using the website
You can also deactivate Capture One Pro using the captureone.com website.
1. Login to your Capture One Profile at www.captureone.com. Click the Account icon. Enter your e-mail address and password. Press Next.
2. Navigate to the Manage licenses section and press Manage.
3. Choose the Capture One product and press Show Activation History.
4. Choose the Reset all activations option to deactivate Capture One on all currently activated machines. Please note that deactivation affects all installations with the license code.
You may also reset each activation individually with the Deactivate device option which will only reset 1 activation at a time.
You will now be able to activate Capture One again.
<< Offline activation of Capture One | Opening Capture One for the first time >>
The instructions stopped working here:
3.) Choose your Capture One user product to display your license key.
Anytime I clicked on the "manage" option, I was taken to my order page--not the page that listed the licenses I owned. So I'm at a loss for how to continue.
this is so confusing for people who don't know a great deal about computers . I am lost and not happy .
I see where the confusion is now. The instructions should be updated to indicate that once you click on "Manage Licenses" you need to click the drop down arrow the right of the license you're de-activating. It's easy to overlook--and this is coming from a guy who knows computers.
I've included a screenshot that should (in my opinion) be added to make Step 3 clearer.
Thank´s that works
back in business
I have the same screen of website with licenses as Kenneth Dillard, so I can't manage my licenses on the web. And C1 on my computer cannot connect to the server (server connection error), so I cannot deactivate or activate it. It's very confusing.
Solved. I found a solution on the support site. The problem was TLS in Windows 7. After installing the new version, I found the license management on website.
When you are on the License Management screen (from my screen shot), do you not have a drop down arrow to the right (where I indicated)?
you can see this in the screenshot from my account. However, the arrow appeared after installing and activating version 21.
Interesting. Hopefully, things will work smoothly for you moving forward. Good luck.
Once you deactivate, can you re-activate on the same machines?
Deactivated as the article, now states that my license key is invalid, so I can't open app on my Mac or MacBook. Can't reload the app as the license key isn't accepted.just keep going round in circles.
Capture One support is non existent. Seem to use the customer base to solve their short coming in setting up an internal support system.
Really not impressed with this company!!
This still doesn't work. I've lost activations because of this bullshit.
I wish I could help. But I quit using CaptureOne about 18 months ago due to a change in workflow and presets (not available with Capture One).
Please sign in to leave a comment.