How to activate Capture One?
NOTE: An internet connection is necessary to complete the activation. Registration is also required for new customers.
NOTE: Starting from Capture One 20, you need a license key to activate any of the product variants.
2. Install the software and launch it.
3. In Capture One 20, the License Activation window will automatically appear once you launch the software. The run mode of the software will be determined by the license key you have.
In Capture One 12 and earlier versions, a product dialog opens. Choose the mode associated with your license in which you would prefer to run Capture One.
Then, you will be presented with the following options:
- Try is to test the software during the 30-days trial period.
- Buy is to purchase a license or subscription.
- Activate is to enter your license key and activate the software (Pro, Fujifilm, (for Sony), and Enterprise product variants).
This will bring you to the activation screen. Unless you are activating on a computer that has no internet connection, refer to the guidelines on manual activation (offline activation) provided in this article.
NOTE: Please note that you cannot activate a subscription offline.
4. Type in the license key in the field provided. Learn how you can get a license key for each product variant in the section below.
5. Type in the email address you used during the profile registration or an email address you would like to use to set up your Capture One account and select Get Profile.
6. If you registered previously, you will be asked for your account password. After verification, the rest of the form will be filled in for you. If you are a new customer, please fill in all the required fields manually.
7. Complete this process by selecting Activate.
8. Your software is now ready for use in the mode corresponding to the license key you entered.
REMINDER: If you are a subscriber, then you can only activate the software online.
Where to get a license key?
Before you activate Capture One, you need to decide which product variant suits your needs best. Starting from Capture One 20, you will need a key for each product variant to activate the software.
Capture One Pro/Fujiflm/(for Sony)
You can get the license key for Capture One Pro/Fujifilm/(for Sony) upon purchasing the product in our Capture One web shop or from a reseller.
Capture One Pro is the main application that offers compatibility with the widest range of cameras.
Capture One (for Sony) includes all the features of the main application with the compatibility for Sony cameras only.
Capture One Fujifilm includes all the features of the main application with the compatibility for Fujifilm cameras only.
NOTE: You can download a 30-days fully-featured trial to try Capture One Pro/Fujifilm/(for Sony). You will get the license key to activate Capture One trial upon download and in the e-mail.
Capture One Express Fujifilm/(for Sony)
Download Capture One Express Fujifilm/(for Sony) and get the license key sent to your e-mail. Note that each license key for Capture One Express Fujifilm/(for Sony) has only 1 activation available (it can be used only for 1 workstation).
Capture One Express (for Sony) has a smaller feature set and is free of charge for Sony camera owners.
Capture One Express Fujifilm has a smaller feature set and is free of charge for Fujifilm camera owners.
Capture One Cultural Heritage (CH)
It is a special workflow application featuring exclusive tools expressly designed to aid museums, libraries, archives, and other institutions when digitizing a wide range of materials. Capture One Cultural Heritage is activated by special license keys available through Phase One Cultural Heritage Partners. Learn more here - https://www.phaseone.com/en/Cultural-Heritage/Capture-One-Cultural-Heritage
Capture One Enterprise
It is designed for photographers that shoot volume, professional multi-user studios and brands with in-house photographic production. Get the key for Capture One Enterprise here - https://www.captureone.com/en/store/buy-multiuser
Capture One Pro for Phase One
It was previously known as Capture One Pro DB (Phase One/Mamiya Leaf Digital Back support only).
This product variant is provided free of charge for Phase One or Mamiya Leaf users only. Learn how to get the license key for Capture One for Phase One.
How many computers can I install and activate Capture One on?
Each license key has a number of activations available:
Capture One Pro (Perpetual license) - 3 workstations
Capture One (for Sony)/Fujifilm (Perpetual license) - 2 workstations
Capture One Pro (Subscription, annual or monthly paid) - 3 workstations
Capture One (for Sony)/Fujifilm (Subscription, annual or monthly paid) - 2 workstations
Capture One Express (for Sony)/Fujifilm (free to use) - 1 workstation
Try one of the following resources if you are experiencing any problems with the software.
- Watch learn.captureone.com for the latest video tutorials.
- Navigate to the Help center on Zendesk and enter the keywords to find the articles associated with your issue.
- Submit a request to our Support Team in case the first two options did not work for you.