Although a Catalog is typically chosen to reference the folders of images either when importing from external media or when importing folders stored on your computer or external drive, Capture One can store the original image files physically inside a Catalog. This managed file option can be used when you want a temporary or portable Catalog to distribute or share with colleagues. You can import images from a folder on any external media or already on your computer. Original image files are duplicated even if they are already located on your computer.
- In the Import From tool, click on the Source fly-out menu and select the folder you want to import.
- Enable Exclude Duplicates to prevent duplication of images already imported by your current Catalog.
- In the Import To tool under Destination, verify the option Inside Catalog is selected. Note the importer remembers the last selection and, therefore, the current setting may not be suitable for your intended storage location.
- Image files are copied and stored physically inside the Catalog itself (this option is not recommended when hard disk capacity is limited). Note that the storage location can be changed when creating and setting up the catalog.
- Continue to verify or make selections for importing into albums, file naming, backing-up, copyright, and adjustments as desired.
- Click OK to start the import process.