You can choose to have Capture One import images into a previously created Album or Capture Collection (an Album set up as a Capture Collection) in your Catalog. Albums are a useful option when you want to organize images in a different way without disrupting your existing storage strategy. As Albums are virtual folders, images aren’t copied or moved but merely referenced in their destination folder. Therefore, this option is available when importing from external media, when referencing images already stored on your computer or external drive, or when importing images inside a Catalog as managed files.
- Before importing, head to the Library and select the appropriate Capture Collection or Album. The chosen album will be highlighted in orange initially and in silver-gray onwards.
- Open the importer and select the options in the Import From and Import To tools as appropriate to your intended workflow.
- From the Collection fly-out menu, select one of the following options:
- Capture Collection - select this to add imported images to the current capture collection (i.e., an album previously set up as a capture collection, denoted by a small camera icon).
- Selected Album - choose this to add imported images to an existing album. This option only works with albums (i.e., not projects or smart albums).
- The Recent Imports Only option should be selected when you no longer want to use this feature.