In addition to the typical workflow of importing image files from various sources, you can use a Capture One Catalog to import previously made catalogs of images from third-party applications. You can import Phase One Media Pro and Media Pro SE catalogs.
NOTE: Due to macOS Catalina not supporting 32-bit code, importing a Media Pro catalog into a Capture One catalog is not possible under macOS Catalina. It is supported up to and including macOS Mojave, 10.14.6.
The importer is not used in this instance, however, the underlying process is practically identical. Capture One creates variants for each of the original image files which are referenced in their original location (i.e., the original images are not moved, or duplicated). You can then continue with your typical workflow using a Capture One Catalog instead.
- Open an existing Capture One Catalog or create a new one. To create a new one, select File -> New Catalog.
- From the main menu, go to File -> Import Catalog -> Media Pro Catalog…
- A Finder/Explorer system window opens. Navigate to the relevant file type - Media Pro - [name].mpcatalog.
- A small Activities dialog window opens showing a progress bar of the import.
- If any original source images are offline (e.g., when referenced to a disconnected external drive), a warning dialog opens prompting you to Skip All, Skip (specific files), Retry or Stop and dismiss the action.