Any Catalog Collection, Folder or User Collection (Album, Smart Album, Group or Project) in an existing Catalog may be exported as a new separate Catalog that can be shared and worked on by colleagues.
- In the Library tool, under Catalog Collections, User Collections or Folders, select the folder to be exported as a new Catalog. If certain images from one or more folders are required to be exported, create a dedicated album to export.
- Right-click (Windows) or Cmd-click (Mac) the relevant folder or album and select Export as Catalog… Alternatively, select the folder or album and go to File -> Export as Catalog… in the main menu.
- In the dialog box, you can specify a name for the Catalog to be exported, set destination, and checkmark the option Also Include Referenced Originals.
- If you run Export a Catalog on a folder, you'll also see the Include subfolder option. Checkmark this option to export a catalog with subfolders and preserve the folder structure.
- Checkmark the Also Include Referenced Originals box to add the original referenced image files as managed if required. Selecting this option makes a copy of the original image files (if they’re available to Capture One) and places them inside the Catalog. Any managed images selected (i.e. originals stored within the Catalog) will be copied anyway. The original images appointed as managed files for export will increase the size of the Catalog proportionately.
Note that folder structure will not be preserved.
Several people can work in the same Catalog by sharing it. It is also possible to lock a Catalog (restricting it to a 'View Only' mode) to ensure no changes from outside are made to it.
To lock a Catalog, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to File -> Lock Catalog...
- A dialog box will appear. Press the Lock button and the window will reopen.
- A locked Catalog can be opened by multiple users simultaneously, but no changes can be made to it. The corresponding icon in the bottom-right corner of the thumbnail will appear (circled in the image example). All editing tools will also become disabled.
- Go to File -> Unlock Catalog... to remove the restrictions.
I exported a folder to a new catalog and it only exported those pictures that were starred. I need to export all... is that possible? Thank you!!
Thank you for the comment.
Please let me know which kind of User Collection (Album, Smart Album, Group, Project) did you export?
I was trying to reorder my catalog by creating a new one for each project, because the one and only handling everything was about 100GB...
What I did was right click on a folder and "Export as Catalog..."... but I think I figured out, I had the filters ON so I could see only "1 Star or Higher" pictures... and CO only exported those picture and not all of them. After cleaning the Advanced Search... I was able to export all, starred or not.
I export a folder with sub-folders as instructed above,
All I get is a folder with absolutely nothing in it.
This export as a catalogue only works for me when exporting a single folder with files. I running the latest version of Capture One!
Thanks for your question.
When importing a folder which also has subfolders, make sure to checkmark the option Include Subfolders to keep the folder structure.
I hobe, you can help me with the following issue: I wanted to export subfolders from my main catalog for backup reasons.
So I selected the folder for 2018 which contains subfolders. In the context menue I selected "Export as catalog". Unfortunately I didn't get the option for including subfolders. The exported catalog doesn't have any subfolders. But I want to retain the subfolder hierarchy of the 2018 folder.
Unfortunately a search in the manual for a solution was without success. So I kindly ask for help. Did I miss anyting?
Thank You very much in advance.
Thank you for your comment.
I have converted your request to a support request.
The Support Team will get back to you via the ticket soon.
thank you very much for your assistance.
Hi Lily! I have a problem (and I've tried different things to fix it): I have a huge catalog, so it takes many minutes to charge and select pictures, so I need to use different catalogs not to have that amount of images in one. The problem is that the changes done to the images (RAW and JPEG on Capture One 21 & 22) are NOT imported to the catalog even if I select the option "import settings":
As you can see, when I import the images in a new catalog, I have it selected:
And the changes aren't imported:
Even if I export the folder as a catalog with the original files, the problem persists.
How can I fix it?
Thanks in adavance
Hello. I do not have the subfolder option. Capture one 21. Please help. Thanks
Hi, i have the same problem as two of the users above, when i want to export a folder with subfolders as a new catalog, i don't get the option to include subfolders. This would be critical for me as it's an unusable mess without. I would apreciate some help with that, thanks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.