If you are upgrading from an earlier full release of Capture One (for instance, from version 11 to version 12), you will need to upgrade any Session created with an earlier version if you want to work on it with the new version of Capture One. Image variants remain unaltered as the previous settings and adjustments are managed by the version process engine.
Although Sessions don't have quite the same dependance on database functionality as Catalogs, they also require updating or migrating when used with the latest full release of Capture One. Upgrading of Sessions is not required between dot releases (e.g., 11.0 to 11.1).
- Choose one of the following options to open an earlier version of a document:
- In the main menu, choose File -> Open… and navigate to the relevant document (i.e., with the .cosession extension) and double click on the file.
- In the main menu, choose File -> Open Recent… and select the relevant session or document from the list. Note that this menu shows only the recently opened documents.
- In the Finder (macOS) or Explorer (Windows), navigate to the relevant document (i.e., with the .cosession extension) and double-click on the file.
- Opening the document will display a warning dialog asking to Upgrade or Cancel. Consider that only the database is upgraded, while the variants are not changed as the previous settings and adjustments are preserved from the earlier version of Capture One.
- Click on Upgrade.