When using the Rename or Batch Rename options, Capture One doesn’t typically allow renaming the file extension as doing so may corrupt the file. However, Phase One digital back file formats include a .TIF (RAW) file extension that is interchangeable with the more typical .IIQ RAW file extension. If you want to update one to the other, you must first enable the option in the Batch Rename tool’s action menu and then add the text in the Format field. Although intended for batches, the tool will rename single files.
Please make sure you have a file backup available before proceeding. Do not use with other extensions in case of file corruption and data loss.
- Select the image or images in the Browser with the .TIF/.IIQ file extension.
- In the main menu, select Image -> Batch Rename Images… Alternatively, Ctrl/right-click from the contextual menu, select Batch Rename. The Batch Rename tool opens.
- Click on the Action menu button (…) in the tool’s title bar. The Action menu opens.
- Select Include File Extension to enable with a checkmark.
- In the Method field, choose the appropriate option for the task renaming (i.e., Text and Tokens or Find and Replace).
- In the resultant Format or Find and Replace fields, add text and/or tokens as appropriate and type .TIF/.IIQ file extension without spaces.
- Select Rename. The selected image’s file names and extensions will be renamed.