When you know you will be switching between tethered operation and downloading images from a memory card in the same shoot, the Next Capture Naming tool can integrate the Import Counter in the Import Images dialog (i.e., the Importer) with the Capture Counter. This maintains consistent numbering, however, it is recommended that this option is set before starting tethered capture.
- Start a new tethered Session.
- From the Next Capture Naming tool, click on the action menu (…) located at the top-right corner of the dialog.
- Select Use Import Counter. There is no need to switch back to the Capture Counter when working with a tethered camera.
- Click on the action menu (…) beside the Format text field. The Naming Format dialog opens.
- Add the 1-6 Digit Counter token or the three-digit Counter token by double-clicking on or dragging the relevant token to the Format field.
- When it is time to import from a memory card, connect a card reader and card or click on the Import icon to open the Import Images dialog.
- In the Naming dialog, adopt the same naming format and counter tokens selected in the Next Capture Naming tool.
- Imported images will adopt the same naming and numbering format as the tethered camera.