Tethered Sessions are utilized on a local computer for capturing and saving the images directly to the computer’s internal disk drive. However, a Session allows the images to be saved directly to a network drive or NAS by using Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Bear in mind that performance is dependent on the transmission speed of the network and drives. For optimum performance, it is recommended that the Session database file [Name].cosessiondb file is located on your local computer.
- Create a new Session on your local computer.
- Connect to your network drive (or make sure that it’s online).
- In the Library tool, go to the System Folders collection and click on the arrow beside your network drive or NAS to reveal any pre-made folders. Dedicated folders can be created beforehand in the usual way with the Finder/Explorer or from the Next Capture Location tool.
- Select a suitable folder and Ctrl/right-click to open the context menu and select set as Capture Folder.
- Images captured from the camera are stored in the folder on the network drive.