While using the Library’s System Folders browser to create new folders or sub-folders gives you a good overview of the Session folder hierarchy, it is quicker and simpler to create additional sub-folders for any of the four default Session sub-folders directly from the Session Folders collection.
While all newly created folders are displayed in the System Folders browser, they are not shown in the fixed Session Folders collection. Instead, a Session Favorite will be created as a shortcut to each system folder or sub-folder, where they are displayed as a flat-list in their own Session Favorites collection and the images are displayed in their own browser session.
The following procedure assumes you are creating additional capture folders which are the same for each type of Session sub-folder.
- Navigate to the Library in the Library tool tab.
- In the Session Folders collection, right-click on the chosen Session sub-folder (e.g. Capture Folder) and select Capture Folder from the menu.
- A dialog opens with the following message "Would you would like to remember the previous Capture Folder as a Favorite?". Select Yes when you have or intend to store captured images there, even temporarily. Otherwise, select No.
- In other cases, a new Session Favorite will be added to the Session Favorites collection.
- Name the new Session Favorite in the corresponding text field. Choose the name carefully as a system sub-folder will be created with the same name (only visible in the System Folders browser).
- In addition, the new Session Favorite will be automatically selected as the new Capture Folder (indicated by a small camera icon) and all subsequently captured images will be physically stored in the new system sub-folder.
- To create additional sub-folders, repeat the actions starting from Step 2.
- To select the Capture Folder, right-click on the chosen Session Favorite and select Set as Capture Folder from the menu.