The web browser function offers an additional means of viewing and rating images for photographers or clients. This function allows anyone to get access to Capture One Pro's Capture Pilot tool as long as they have a computer or a smart device with a web browser and an internet connection. This avoids the 'monitor huddle' that is common with studio shoots.
Web viewing mode: Capture Pilot classic
Capture Pilot Classic is, in essence, a contact sheet of thumbnail images. Newly captured images will appear as soon as they are shot when shooting tethered. Thumbnail size can be adjusted by pressing the S, M, and L letters in the top-left corner of the screen.
Connect to a web browser
The web browser feature is designed to work on a local network (i.e. the computer running Capture One Pro connected to the internet).
- Go to the Capture Pilot tool at the bottom of the Capture tool tab in Capture One Pro.
- Select the Basic tab. Ensure that either Mobile and Web or Web Browser is selected from the Publish To fly-out menu.
- Select the Web tab, choose a theme from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Rate Images and Color Tag Images as appropriate.
- Select the Basic tab and press Start Image Server. A dialog will open and request the user's system password once the web server is started.
- To send an email with a link to the Capture Pilot server, click on the mail icon. A new email dialog window will open.
Browse images using the controls in a web browser
Capture Pilot Classic mode. Click on any thumbnail to view a full-screen image. Select the forward arrow to inspect the next image. Select the backward arrow to inspect the previous images.
Full-screen Mode. Click on the arrow to inspect the next image. To inspect previous images, move your cursor to the other side of the image and a backward arrow will appear.
Add Color tag and Star ratings from a web browser
- Go to Capture One and select the Capture tool tab. Go to the Capture Pilot tool and select the Web tab.
- Checkmark or deselect the Rate images and/or Color tag images option boxes to activate this function.
- Click on a thumbnail in the web browser so that it is displayed on the full screen. A window where color and star ratings can be applied will appear on the screen.
Web viewing modes: Fullscreen
The web browser function offers two primary modes: Full-screen and Capture Pilot Classic.
The full-screen mode will display a single image entirety. Click on the image to display the color tag and star rating as well as a film strip of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen.