Softness or a loss of sharpness can occur in the corners and outer zones for many reasons. This is quite common in wide-angle and ultra wide-angle lenses. Soft corners are often seen as a desired retro-focus effect. However, with the Sharpness Falloff slider, Capture One can help to correct this effect if it is unwanted.
- Select an image that you want to correct.
- In the Lens Correction panel, check the profile for your lens that has been selected automatically. Alternatively, from the drop-down menu, search for a similar model or use the generic profile options instead.
- Adjust the Sharpness Falloff slider for that profile to 100% to fully correct this issue (if there is one).
- Alternatively, experiment with the image at 100% to get an appropriate setting. Values higher than 100% are possible and increase the effect of the correction.
- The setting can be saved as a component of a Lens Correction User Preset and applied to multiple images.