- Go to the Details tool tab.
- In the Film Grain tool, select the grain type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select an area of uniform color or an area without texture in the Viewer or in the Focus window.
- Adjust the contrast to the desired amount using the Impact slider.
- The granularity or size of the grain is adjustable. Alter from fine to coarse by dragging the Granularity slider to the right. When Fine Grain is selected, the Granularity slider is disabled.
- Settings may be saved as a User Preset. A number of built-in Presets are also available.
NOTE: The Film Grain tool is not available as a Layer.