Any combination of tool settings that are copied to the Adjustments Clipboard can be saved as a Custom Style.
Every tool that can be used to make an image adjustment in Capture One has a copy button (double-ended arrow icon) for copying the settings to its own individual clipboard, and ultimately to the Adjustments Clipboard located in the Adjustments tool tab.
While that method is preferred when creating very specific Styles, you can, of course, copy all of the adjustments applied to an image using the global copy command and to the Adjustments Clipboard.
With the Autoselect Adjusted option enabled (that automatically detects and selects the adjustments), this is similar to the Save Custom Style option found in the Styles and Presets tool and is the quickest method for saving adjustments as a Custom Style.
Both options allow you to exclude certain items from the Clipboard before creating the Style. Ultimately, which method you choose will likely depend on personal preference.
- Select the image in the browser and perform adjustments using the preferred tool.
- Click on the double-headed arrow icon in the tool’s title bar. The tool’s individual Adjustments Clipboard window opens.
- Click on Copy to save the adjustment to the Adjustments Clipboard (and to the global Adjustments Clipboard).
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tool. Alternatively, make adjustments to your image using multiple tools and copy them in one step, using any of the global copy commands.
- Navigate to the Adjustments tool tab and go to the Adjustments Clipboard tool. The Adjustments Clipboard will be enabled, displaying a list of the tools.
- From the Adjustments Clipboard, select Copy.
- Verify that the adjustments have been transferred from the tools to the global Adjustments Clipboard. If they haven’t, click on the Action menu (…) in the Adjustments Clipboard tool’s title bar and verify the Autoselect Adjusted option is enabled. If not, choose Select Adjusted from the menu. The adjustments will now be displayed in the list.
- Deselect any adjustments that are not required.
- In the Action menu (…), select Save As Style… A Save window opens. Give the Style an appropriate name and select Save.
<< Copying Styles between images | Removing an applied Style >>
Please sign in to leave a comment.