Regularly using keyboard shortcuts will dramatically improve your workflow when working with layers and when making selections.
- Switch quickly between the Brush and Erase tools by using the keyboard shortcuts (B) and (E) respectively.
- Toggle the display the mask overlay on or off, using the shortcut (M).
- To draw a perfectly straight line, hold down the Shift key and draw.
- To draw a straight line between two points, click on the first point, then release and Shift-click (hold down the Shift key, then click the mouse/pen) on the second.
- Quickly adjust the size of the brush. Press [ or ] to decrease or increase the brush size respectively.
- To move the mask in one piece using the brush tool, select the Cmd/Ctrl key (Mac/Windows) and click on the mask and drag it into position.
- To move the mask layer selection point, hold down the Alt key and drag to the chosen position.