With the Annotations tool, you can add a quick sketch or scribble a few notes or remarks using an interactive pen. Any annotations made previously will be visible when the Annotations brush or eraser is selected, even if the Always Show Annotations option in the tool or Cursor Group menu is disabled.
- Go to the Annotations tool in the Metadata tool tab or Cursor toolbar (far right) and select the Annotations Brush.
- Select the color from the swatch available in the tool. If you have selected the brush from the cursor group, Ctrl/right-click in the Viewer to open the tool beneath the brush and select from there.
- Select the brush size using the slider or click on the adjacent box and add value (in pixels) directly, or adjust using the keyboard Up/Down arrows or Shift+ Up/Down arrows.
- Draw directly on the image in the Viewer.
- The annotations made are saved automatically.
The Annotations tool has a number of useful keyboard shortcuts to make sketches on images:
- I - annotation pen
- Y - eraser
- J - Show/hide toggle (when using other cursors)