The Next Capture Metadata tool will let you enter the relevant color tag, rating, and metadata that should be associated with the next captured image(s). The tool supports exactly the same IPTC fields as in the Metadata tool. Once you have entered the desired metadata in the Next Capture Metadata tool and captured the image(s), the chosen metadata will be applied to the image file and will show up in the Metadata tool.
1. Go to the Next Capture Metadata tool in the Capture tool tab.
2. Select the Color tag and set the Rating that should be applied to the next captured image(s).
3. Add the metadata that should be associated with the next captured image(s) by clicking on the field and enter the text. You can enter metadata in all of the Capture One supported IPTC fields:
• IPTC – Contact
• IPTC - Content
• IPTC - Image
• IPTC - Status
• IPTC - Getty Images
4. Ensure that the metadata is entered correctly in the Next Capture Metadata tool and capture the image(s). The metadata will be applied to the image file during capture.
5. If you want to verify that the metadata has been applied correctly, select the image and check it in the Metadata tool.
Capture One Enterprise has a text completion function for all metadata (text) fields where the software remembers text that you have entered before for each field. Previously entered text will appear in a popup list when you are editing a field text. Press the Return key to select the text.
NOTE: If the camera automatically applies some metadata during capture, you can either chose to keep that or overwrite it. If you leave the metadata field in question empty, the camera’s value will be used. If you, on the other hand, enter some text, it will overwrite the camera’s value.