Capture One 12.1 is a feature release for the Studio (Enterprise) edition of Capture One.
New general features (Capture One Pro, Fujifilm, Sony & Studio)
• New Grids Tool
Easily set up your desired grid using the new dedicated Grids Tool, with options for grid
type, color, and functionality for following the crop. Toggling Grids and Guides on and off
can be done independently from each other, providing full flexibility.
• Improved X-Trans rendering (Pro, Pro Fujifilm, Express Fujifilm)
Get a better rendering of fine details and patterns for X-Trans sensors. Improve overall image
quality for Fujifilm camera models without sacrificing performance.
• Improved Fujifilm tethering (Pro, Pro Fujifilm)
Zoom and pan during Live View when tethering with Fujifilm cameras.
• Improved Overlay controls
The Overlay Tool has been improved with better precision of sliders, overlay is now relative
to crop, option to show or hide overlay, better performance, added list recently used
• Extended AppleScript functionality (Some functionality exclusively featured in Capture
Capture One’s automation abilities have been extended to the full feature set – with almost
endless customization possibilities. The following properties extend to the standard 12
• De-select camera
• “Select next/previous” properties for browsers and collections
• “Queued” property for variants
• Modern user script running
• Luma range layer properties
• “Current layer” property
• “Current recipe” property
• Importer ability to handle multiple paths
• Curve tool adjustment properties
• Deselect all cameras / Select camera name “None”
• Color Editor (First iteration)
• Lens correction properties
New Capture One Studio Exclusive Features
• Barcode Scanner Tool
Save endless man hours and redefine your workflow as a hands-free experience by
connecting a barcode scanner to automatically name captures as you shoot. Plus, mac
users can script actions to further enhance the scanning workflow.
These Linear 1D barcodes are currently supported:
• Interleaved 2 of 5, Straight 2 of 5 industrial
• Code 39, Code 93, Code 128
• Matrix 2 of 5
Note that 2D barcodes, for example a QR code, are not supported.
The following barcode scanners have been tested to work correctly with Capture One
• Zebra Motorola Symbol LS2208
• Honeywell Xenon 1900
• Honeywell Xenon 1902g-bf
• Datalogic Gryphon I GD4130
Start with configuring the barcode scanner by scanning the predefined barcode in Capture
One, accessible via the “...” menu in the Barcode tool.
• It is important to note that the Barcode tool is intended for use in conjunction with the
Next Capture Naming tool. Set up the Next Capture Naming tool with the “Barcode”
Token before using the barcode scanner.
• Scan the barcode before capturing the associated image and it will automatically apply
to the image name following capture.
• It is possible to edit the data in the Barcode field manually.
• The barcode tool is supported with “bar code done” scripting event (mac only, Studio
only) which can then be used to further enhance the workflow. E.g play a chime when
the scan registers, make a folder with the scan name, or integrate data retrieval from a
spreadsheet with the Next Capture Metadata feature.
• Next Capture Backup
The Next Capture Backup enables Capture One Studio to automatically create backups of
every image captured during a tethered session to another location.
• Built-in backup queue manager will let you pause and resume the backup procedure at
any point in time, making it possible to continue the backup even after you have closed
and relaunched Capture One Studio, or if the storage destination becomes unavailable.
• Note that backup only works when using a Session, and only for captured files, e.g. no
settings files will be backed up.
• Next Capture Metadata
The Next Capture Metadata tool allows you to enter the relevant metadata for the next
captured image(s), ensuring that product shots are categorized correctly from the get-go.
The tool supports:
• Presets (uses existing metadata presets)
• Stacking of presets
• Loading of metadata from the primary variant
Using this approach via the Next Capture Metadata tool allows for front-loading the
metadata workflow in anticipation of the next shot. It means users no longer need to
capture the image or images to apply metadata, reducing human error arising when the
wrong metadata is applied to an image. Combine with the barcode scanner or metadata
sources loaded by scripting for a hands-free, high-powered workflow.
• Next Capture Keywords
• New Guides Tool
A new dedicated Guides Tool, separate from the Grids Tool, provides easy access to
precision control of Guides.
• Save Guides as Presets to re-use Guides setup on other images.
• When processing to PSD, Capture One guides can be translated to PS guides in the
exported file (for reference in Photoshop)
• Guides have a follow crop option
• The old alignment tool on the toolbar icon is split into a Guides and a Grids toolbar icon
• Note that the guides can only be moved using the Select Cursor Tool
• New Grids Tool
• Improved Overlay functionality
• Tool Locks
Prevent other users from altering the tools or interface with an admin pin lock for additional security. Save time and costs by eliminating unwanted interruptions and human error, plus ensure compliance across multi-user workflows.
Locks are accessible from the Window -> Mange locks... menu or from the relevant tool “...” menu.
Locks are currently available for:
• Camera and Camera settings
• Next Capture tools
PIN lock can be set to prevent unwanted unlocking.
• The PIN can be set in the Window -> Set or change PIN menu. To turn off an existing lock, provide the old pin and set the new pin.
• PINs are encrypted and stored in the prefs file. In the event that you are unable to clear the locks, delete the application preferences to reset the entire application state.
• Dedicated Capture One Studio Workspaces
Our dedicated team of experts deliver customizable workspaces and craft the ultimate
workflows to match your organization’s productivity needs.
Workspaces fitted with the new Studio tools can be found in the Workspaces menu, or add
the new tools to your existing workspace in the usual manner
• Canon and Nikon repro profiles
• Capture Pilot now supports guides and overlays from Capture One. Requires update of Capture Pilot, release TBC
Cultural Heritage (CH) Features for Windows
• Auto crop tool (added to Windows application)
• Multi crop (added to Windows application)
• Base Characteristics Tool for CH modes and profiles (added to Windows application)
• Capture resolution ruler (added to Windows application)
• Film Scanning Styles (added to Windows application)
• Cultural Heritage Workspaces (added to Windows application)
• Improved Composition Mode behavior (Windows application)