Capture One only adopts the latest process engine on newly imported images, it does not automatically upgrade the process engine on existing images you were working on previously.
The advances in engines can dramatically improve how the image is rendered. To benefit from those, manually upgrade the engine on the selected variants.
1. Select the variants from the browser in one of the following ways:
- In the main menu, choose Select -> Select All or press Cmd+A/Ctrl+A (macOS/Windows) to select all images in the Browser.
- To make a selection of images, click on the first variant in the series that you want to select, then press the Shift key and click on the last image variant in the series.
- To select individual images, click on the relevant variant in the series that you want to select and press Cmd/Ctrl (macOS/Windows). Repeat this action to add images.
2. Make sure that Edit Selected Variants is enabled (the icon in the upper-right corner of the toolbar should be orange).
3. Go to the Color tool tab and navigate to the Base Characteristics tool.
4. Press the Upgrade button as shown below. The dialog box will appear. Confirm that you want to upgrade the process engine.