If your credit card was declined, order was not accepted or transaction failed for the unknown to you reason while you were trying to make a purchase on the Capture One website, go through the most common cases and possible solutions highlighted below.
You might face the following error messages at the checkout indicating a failed transaction:
- Your credit card was declined. Please try another card, or choose a different form of payment.
- We regret that your order could not be accepted. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance.
- Your credit card security code (CVC) is invalid.
- An unexpected error occurred, and we are not currently able to accept payment.
1. Payment declined by bank
Your card issuing bank may decline a charge for one of the following reasons:
- Insufficient funds
- Inaccurate card information (invalid credit card number or billing address was entered)
- Card activity limit exceeded
- The amount exceeds the limit set for internet purchases
- Expired card
- Billing address and IP address do not match
- Restriction placed on the account (eg. the account may be set up to not be used outside the country in which the card was issued)
- Suspicion of fraudulent activity
- Hold placed on the account (happens sometimes when the credit card company detects a transaction they don’t believe fits your normal buying pattern and are concerned that it might be a fraud or a charge that you have not authorized yourself)
In this case, you can try to submit the order again if you feel like you did not input the credit card information correctly or try another payment method.
If the order still does not go through, contact your bank for clarification as to the exact reason for the failed transaction, since FastSpring (our official payment provider) doesn't have any control over the declines. You can usually find a customer service telephone number on the back of the card.
NOTE: Any charge you may see on your account is only a “pre-authorization” of the funds that will automatically drop off your card within 5-10 business days. The exact timeframe varies with each card issuer that has control over when those charges will be dropped or voided.
2. PayPal transaction failure
Failed status in the "Payments and Returns" section of a PayPal order indicates that the transaction was declined. The Method column in the "Payments and Returns" section may contain more details. PayPal does not provide additional information.
Reasons for declined PayPal transactions include the following:
- The associated billing address is inaccurate or unconfirmed.
- The transaction exceeds the limit.
- The credit card company declined the transaction.
- You didn't approve the payment on your PayPal account directly.
- The internet connection was interrupted on the checkout page.
- The authorization code for PayPal wasn't entered correctly, so FastSpring were unable to process the payment.
- You abandoned the order process before completing payment
Possible solutions would be placing a new order via a fresh browser; selecting an alternate payment method in PayPal to complete the transaction; using another payment method if available or contacting PayPal directly for assistance.
WHEN I COMPLETE MY CREDIT INFORMATIONS
THIS MASSAGE HOLD ME :
WE REGRET THAT YOUR ORDER COULD NOT BE ACCEPTED .
WE VALUE YOUR BUSINESS AND WOLD LIKE TO HELP YOU COMPLETE THIS ORDER
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ASSISTANCE
I WILL WAIT U
You need to make contact here using the appropriate contact type option and maybe also provide some further contact details than can be derived from your post.
I called my credit card issuer after receiving the ominous payment declined.
The CapitalOne rep was very helpful, told me my account is in good standing, nowhere near my purchase limit, and there were no holds on the account or fraud triggers. She then waited on the phone with me as I input my payment information again and received the cheerful "We regret that your order could not be accepted. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance."
The CapitalOne rep reiterated that no holds were on the account and she saw a payment attempt was made. She suggested I contact FastSpring. FastSpring of course told me to contact my bank or card issuer. WTF!
WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT TO BUY YOUR SOFTWARE?!
How do I pay in USD, my credit card does not accept international purchases in local currency.
Thank you very much
I don't get why people are having the SAME error and you can't FIX this????? DO YOU WANT TO SELL SOFTWARE ?????????
Same error over and over.
"We regret that your order could not be accepted. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance."
No explanation, none.
Still not fixed as I can see. I get the same error and this has been going on for more than 12 months... I guess I am not buying then
I was trying to buy software and I get this message -
It looks like I have to look for other software as One Capture does not care.
Welcome, join the club.
Shameless people in this company don't even care that new customers are not able to pay. No one responds.
Thank you for sharing the issue you faced.
I have forwarded your request to the Support Team. They will get back to you soon.
what the hack?
I have the same problem
why you can't do this just easy?
I cannot update my payment method details as no matter what card I use the website tells me it is declined. This is ridiculous as there is nothing wrong with either card. How am I supposed to resolve this issue?
Same here. Capture One/ FastSpring needs to send you a verification code, but this FastSpring system doesn't do this.
That's why all creditcard companies do not accept it.
Capture One, please fix this! I think a lot of people have these issues...
Thanks for sharing with us the issue you have faced. I have converted your request to a support request.
The Support Team will get back to you via the ticket soon.
Capture One is so bad at support. I had to resolve this issue myself by using an Amex card, as neither of my HSBC cards would work due to the lack of any facility for authentication. The only support I got from Capture One was the suggestion "speak to your bank." It's really not good enough.
Same issue. I can't pay for program. I am using my VISA check card... That's fun.
Please sign in to leave a comment.