I want to switch from one minor/service release to another, for instance, from Capture One 22 (15.1.1) to Capture One 22(15.1.2). How to update Capture One?
Note: Please remember to back up your custom settings (presets, workspaces, styles etc) before uninstalling Capture One. See more here: How do I back up my Styles & Presets in case I need to update my OS/move to another computer?
Note that the updates (minor and service releases) are free for all subscribers and owners of the perpetual license for the corresponding major release. For instance, the owners of Capture One 22 licenses can update to Capture One 22 (15.1.2).
1. In the main menu, select Capture One -> Check for Updates.
In case there are any updates available, a notification window will appear. Click OK.
Alternatively, select Capture One -> Preferences from the main menu right away. In the Update tab of the Preferences window, click on the new release version to download it.
2. You will be redirected to the Capture One website. Enter your e-mail address and password to enter your profile on captureone.com
3. Click Download and select the location to store the file on your computer.
4. Close Capture One if it keeps running. Drag the Capture One application (the current version installed but not recently downloaded) from your Applications folder to the trash.
5. Then go to the folder with the latest version of Capture One downloaded.
6. Open the Capture One disk icon (.dmg). Double click the .dmg file to mount the Capture One application bundle. This may take up to 15-30 seconds, depending on your machine. You may also see a dialog box asking for an action confirmation.
7. Carefully read and accept the license agreement presented.
8. Drag the Capture One icon to the Applications folder.
9. Open Capture One from your Applications folder.
1. Go to the main menu and select Edit -> Preferences.
2. In the Update tab of the Preferences window, click Check For Updates. If there are any new minor/service release version is available, it will be listed under the Download section. Click on it.
3. You will be redirected to the Capture One website. Enter your e-mail address and password to enter your profile on captureone.com
4. Click Download and select the location to store the file on your computer.
5. Verify that the application is not running. Press Control+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously and choose Task Manager. In the Processes tab, end the Capture One process and make sure that the application is not running. If it is still running, then highlight CaptureOne.exe and click End Process.
6. Run the uninstaller. Open Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features. Choose Capture One by right-clicking on it and press Uninstall.
7. Then go to the folder where the latest Capture One version was saved upon the download has been completed. Run the executable software install file (.exe).
8. When asked "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", click Yes.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
10. Launch Capture One.