When I am trying to activate Capture One, the following error comes out "Unable to connect to the server to lookup profile". What does that mean and how do I activate the software?
In case you are experiencing this kind of issue, try the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. Typically, disconnecting and reconnecting your internet connection should resolve it. In some cases, it will require a full router reset (this will refresh the DNS used);
- Make sure you are not using a VPN connection when activating Capture One. VPNs can also cause some confusion when trying to access the activation server. You should refrain from using VPNs when activating Capture One;
- Investigate whether your firewall isn't blocking Capture One's request. Whitelist CaptureOne.exe from any firewall applications that might be blocking the connection;
- Open a browser window, and go to https://activation.phaseone.com/Errors/ServiceStatus.aspx where you should see the following: "Activation service is alive". If the connection to the server fails, it will give a 404 or another error;
- Uninstall and reinstall the application;
- Check your hosts file;
- If something is still blocking your connection, try renaming the file from Capture One 20.app to Capture One 20.1.app
If nothing from the above-mentioned options helped, try creating a new user on your workstation which won't have those restrictions.