IMPORTANT: The following instructions are applicable up to Capture One 22 (15.0.1).
NOTE: An internet connection is necessary to complete the activation.
1. Launch Capture One after having it downloaded and installed.
2. The License Activation window will automatically appear once you launch the software. The run mode of the software will be determined by the license key you have.
3. Type in the license key in the License Code field.
4. Type in the email address that you use to log into your profile at captureone.com. If you do not have an account on the Capture One website yet, enter an email address you would like to use to set up your Capture One account. Click on Get Profile.
5. If you registered previously, you will be asked for your account password (the same as you use to log into your profile at captureone.com). After verification, the rest of the form will be filled in for you. If you are a new customer, please fill in all the required fields manually.
6. Complete this process by selecting Activate.
7. Your software is now ready for use in the mode corresponding to the license key you entered.
In case you experience an activation error when activating Capture One, try an alternative network connection and ensure that you are not using a VPN - this can cause communication errors with our activation server.
For more information on activation errors see below:
NOTE: You need a license key to activate any of the product variants.
Subscription plans should be activated online only.
NOTE: If you have previously used Capture One in trial or Express mode, please deactivate it first from inside the software (Capture One -> License / Help -> License (macOS/Windows))or on the website.
<< How to install Capture One | Offline activation of Capture One >>
I need a phone number to contact someone directly -- I've been spending three days on this and nothing seems to work -- I've signed into my account and purchased the new upgrade to Capture One Pro 20 but all the varied advice I get online leads me nowhere as I cant enter my new Access Code -- believe me I have gone through this a lot -- and nothing comes out I can sign in and download the new program but there is no access code to fill in and then if I try to open the program I get declined as it says I need to download from the APP store -- and that doesn't work either -- Why is this so complicated ???????????
Can you email me a direct phone contact ( impossible to find ) email@example.com
Could you please make and attach a screenshot of what is displayed when you open Capture One to activate it.
Hi Lily -- I'll attach the statement that appears when trying to activate --
Hi Lily -- and believe me I have had tried all the options that I know of -- I'm wondering if this is right for me ??
I have Pro 9 ( and used to have Pro 10 -- but it ran into problems ) Is Pro 11 better for me ??
Why can't I talk to someone ????
I'll attach my computer info --
I'm an architectural / Interior photographer and am always on location with my laptop -- and just need a reliable capture program
I believe that you should change the security preferences on your workstation.
You need to go to Security and Privacy in the System Preferences on your Mac.
Then click the lock to make changes, enter your password, and indicate that you can download apps not only from AppStore.
Am I supposed to delete the version I'm to upgrade FROM BEFORE installing a new version. I've three times installed Capture One 20 to V18.104.22.168 (from 22.214.171.124) where the "About Capture One" tab will indicate the new version number. I close the software and then drop the application installer (hard drive icon) from my desktop, and the shortcut alias in my apps folder to the trash bin. When I restart Capture One 20, it has reverted back to the original v126.96.36.199)! So am I to first delete the current version before installing the newer version; how do I ensure my catalogs are saved for reopening in the new version install? Thank you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.