Sometimes errors may occur when activating a license. If you faced such a problem, first of all, please check the status of the activation service. You can do so using the following link https://activation.phaseone.com/Errors/ServiceStatus.aspx
If in response you received a message that the activation service is not working, then our technical specialists are already working on the problem. Soon the activation service will work again, please try to activate your license later.
If you got the response that "Activation service is alive" or it will give any other error it means that Capture One cannot connect with the license activation server.
In case you are experiencing this kind of issue, try the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. Typically, disconnecting and reconnecting your internet connection should resolve it. In some cases, it will require a full router reset (this will refresh the DNS used);
- Make sure you are not using a VPN connection when activating Capture One. VPNs can also cause some confusion when trying to access the activation server. You should refrain from using VPNs when activating Capture One;
- Investigate whether your firewall isn't blocking Capture One's request. Whitelist CaptureOne.exe from any firewall applications that might be blocking the connection;
- Check that there are no overrides in your hosts file (This article describes how to do that);
- Uninstall and reinstall the application;
- If something is still blocking your connection, try renaming the file from Capture One 21.app to Capture One 21.1.app;
- If nothing from the above-mentioned options helped, try creating a new user on your workstation which won't have those restrictions.