Capture One Live add-on service is offered as:
- Capture One Live Free Plan: 5 Live Sessions
- Capture One Live Unlimited Plan: unlimited Live Sessions, 9.99 USD per month
How do I get Capture One Live?
- Capture One Live is available to any user who has a Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license (running on version 15.1 or newer) - will have access to the free quota of 5 Live Sessions. The free quota is a one-time occurrence, meaning that it is not a recurring monthly quota.
- Any new customer who purchases Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license (and activates the latest version) will be granted the free quota of 5 Live Sessions.
- Any trial user will be granted the free quota of 5 Live Sessions to try out the add-on service as part of the trial period of COP.
How do I upgrade to the Capture One Live Unlimited Plan?
Please follow our guide on how to purchase Capture One Live Unlimited Plan here.
Who is eligible to purchase the Capture One Live Unlimited Plan?
You must be on a Capture One Pro subscription (monthly, annual) or a Capture One Pro perpetual license. The software must be the latest major version available at the moment of purchase.
I have a Capture One 22 license but I can't find Capture One Live.
- First and far most make sure that your desktop application is updated to the latest version - Capture One 22 (15.2.0).
- Capture One Live is available in the toolbar of the default workspace as a Live button.
- If you work on a customized workspace, make sure you add Capture One Live, follow the usual process of customizing the toolbar.
How many Live Sessions can I start at the same time?
- If you are on the Capture One Live Free Plan, you can create up to 5 Live Sessions in total, concurrently or not.
- If you are on the Unlimited Capture One Live Plan, you can start as many Live Sessions as you want. However, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
Is there a limit on the number of Live Sessions I can have?
- The Free Live Plan allows you to create 5 Live Sessions in total to let you test the service.
- The Unlimited Live Plan allows you to create as many Live Sessions as you want. However, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
Which versions of Capture One Pro support Capture One Live?
Capture One Live is officially supported from version 15.1 - but we recommend always running the latest version of Capture One Pro to ensure the smoothest possible experience. Running unsupported and older versions of Capture One may produce unexpected and unstable results for both yourself and the reviewer.
I'm on a trial version, is the service available to me to try it out?
Yes, you are allowed to create up to 5 Live Sessions while on a trial version.
Is there a limit to the number of images I can share in one Live Session?
There is no limit to the number of images that you can share, however, we reserve the right to pause the service in case of unfair usage.
How do I know how many sessions I have left?
When you unfold the Capture One Live menu, you will see the pop-up with available sessions.
How secure are my shared images?
Only the reviewers with the exact URL can view the shared images.
Can you put a password on the URL?
Yes, it is possible to protect your Live Session with a password.
How long are my images online?
The minimum duration of a Capture One Live Session is one day and the maximum is one month. Live Sessions will of course stop as soon as you select 'Stop Sharing' within the tool.
The changes my client/reviewer made are not showing in Capture One Pro. Why is that?
If Capture One is closed or your workstation is restarted during a Live Session, then you will need to go to Live > Active Live Collections > Resume Sharing
Once this is selected, changes between the Live Session and Capture One Pro will be synced.
How do I add watermarks to my images?
First, you must ensure that your chosen export recipe has a watermark applied by going to the Export Watermark tool (found by default in the Export tool tab, which is added by selecting '...' in the Tool Tab area > Add Tool Tab > Export)
Then enable View > Recipe Proofing, to see your watermark in the Viewer and for a preview of how it will look in the Live Session and once the final image is exported.
Read more about how to add a watermark in this article.
How do I edit or change the watermark?
Watermarks are managed within the Export Watermark tool, located in the Export tool tab.
Simply go to the Export tool tab and adjust the watermark settings for one of the Recipes. The Recipes that contain a watermark will be available in Capture One Live pop-up window.
How does Capture One Live sort images?
Images in the web browser are sorted by date, from new to old.
New uploaded images will always be added at the top, but a page refresh will sort everything by date.
Can I share a Session or a Catalog?
You can share photos organized in both.
- If you want to share photos organized in a Catalog, make sure that you have created an Album.
- If you want to share photos from within a Session, both Folders and Albums are supported.
Note: Smart Albums are not supported.
Can I have different ratings per reviewer?
It is possible for all reviewers to star rate and color tag the images, however, they will overwrite each other.
Is it possible to add comments to the images shared in a Live Session?
Yes!* You can now add and delete comments to individual images. Anyone with access to the Live Session can view them.
*comment functionality is in its Beta phase
How do I leave a comment to an image in Capture One Live Session?
You can leave a comment by navigating to an image and pressing on the comment icon below the image.
Do comments sync back to Capture One desktop app?
Comments are only viewable in a Capture One Live Session.
Can I view only the images with that have comments?
Yes. Simply toggle the icon next to 'Show only photos with comments' which is found when navigating to the Filters icon in the Capture One Live Session
How do I know which images contain comments?
You can highlight images with with comments by pressing on the comment button:
Can I use keyboard shortcuts?
You can use keyboard shortcuts to star rate and color tag images in a Capture One Live Session.
Star Rating and Color Tagging:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, where '0' resets the rating
q, w, e, r, t, y, u, I, where 'Q' resets the tag
Left and right arrow key to navigate to the left and right
Escape (Esc) key to return to the gallery
My client has made changes, but I cannot see them in Capture One Pro. Why is that?
Go to the Capture One Live icon in the Toolbar, click it and then select 'Resume Sharing' underneath your Active Live Collections.
This can happen if you close the application whilst the Live session is ongoing for whatever reason.
But when I press the ‘Resume sharing’ button nothing happens
This means that either the Collection used to create this Live Session has been deleted or the Capture/Select Folder is reassigned.
If the Collection has been deleted, it’s not possible to resume sharing or stopping it. You’d need to wait until it expires.
If the Collection corresponds to a Capture/Selects folder that has changed then:
1. Reset the Capture/Selects folder to the original folder that was shared initially.
2. If while changing the Capture/Selects folder you chose to make it a Session Favourite, delete the Session Favourite.
3. Try to resume.
I am an enterprise/multiuser license. How can I get the Capture One Live add-on?
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders will be able to try the free version of Capture One Live.
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders will not be able to purchase the Capture One Live subscription plan from the captureone.com webstore.
- Enterprise and multi-user license holders should contact a sales representative to purchase access to the service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have the branded version of Capture One. How can I purchase the Capture One Live add-on?
Please contact our support team and create a support case - captureone.com/support
How do I unsubscribe?
You can deactivate your subscription to Capture One Live Unlimited Plan within Licence Management. All you need to do is to go under the license that Capture One Live is assigned to and press Deactivate button.
Also, you can cancel your subscription through the FastSpring:
Note: Once you terminate a subscription, you lose the ability to create new Live Sessions immediately from that moment. The already active Live Sessions will wait until they expire.