Capture One for iPad is free to install, but you need to pay for a subscription in order to use the application. This is around 4.99 USD/month and 5,49 €/month.
It's possible to try Capture One for iPad free for 7-days and you can cancel your subscription at any time. Be sure to log-in with the same Capture One account credentials that you use for Capture One Pro - your Apple ID is only used for billing purposes. If you do not use the same Capture One account on both desktop and iPad, then you will not be able to use Cloud Transfer.
You can create a Capture One account here and also change the email address associated with your existing account before you get started with this process, if you need to.
How to subscribe
1. Tap 'Let's get started' to... get started!
2. Select 'Continue' to give Capture One for iPad permission to open your default web browser. This is so you can sign-in with your Capture One account.
3. Enter your Capture One account information. Remember to log-in with the same Capture One account credentials that you use for Capture One Pro, otherwise you will not be able to use cloud transfer.
4. Read this message carefully and ensure that this is the email address you would like to use with Capture One for iPad. Be sure to log-in with the same Capture One account credentials that you use for Capture One Pro if you would like to use Cloud Transfer.
5. Details of your subscription will appear here. Under 'Details' you will see a short description of the subscription. This is a standard iOS/iPad OS dialog when taking out a new subscription.
6. Sign in with your Apple ID to confirm your subscription to Capture One for iPad.
7. You're all set! Now you can begin importing images and take your workflow on the go.