Capture One is camera depended?

Comments

9 comments

  • Clau_S
    Phase One is an independent software developer. As such they're not subject to restrictions imposed by manufacturers but for example they cannot integrate proprietary technologies. They developed their own algorithms and tools. So it may be that a proprietary software (I don't have Canon, so I don't know if there is one) could benefit of a better integration with a camera features like it was with Nikon's Picture Control in Capture NX2. The only one I know there is in Capture One is film simulation for a specific set of Fujifilm cameras due to a partnership with Fujifilm. The same may apply with tethering. Capture One may not be able to control every setting of a camera, but other than that every Capture One tool is available to every supported camera raw file.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • SFA
    [quote="NNN637101069959657214" wrote:
    Am looking to buy canon 2000D and is on Capture One Supported camera list.
    What i ask is: Capture One provide the user with its full capabilities or its just give access to the capabilities the  camera manufacturer has specify, for that camera model?


    Are you asking about image processing or camera tethering?

    Or both?

    Or are you thinking of any special features that that camera may have and others do not?

    Or maybe you are thinking about Magic Lantern type access to camera capabilities?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NNN637101069959657214
    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    Or maybe you are thinking about Magic Lantern type access to camera capabilities?


    To make my self clear:
    Nothing like Magic Lantern. The camera will work tethering, inside a studio for still life (products). In that phase i dont need an expencive camera, because i create the workflow-lights and am kind of 'sort budgect'.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NNN637101069959657214
    [quote="ClauS" wrote:
    Phase One is an independent software developer. As such they're not subject to restrictions imposed by manufacturers but for example they cannot integrate proprietary technologies. They developed their own algorithms and tools. So it may be that a proprietary software (I don't have Canon, so I don't know if there is one) could benefit of a better integration with a camera features like it was with Nikon's Picture Control in Capture NX2. The only one I know there is in Capture One is film simulation for a specific set of Fujifilm cameras due to a partnership with Fujifilm. The same may apply with tethering. Capture One may not be able to control every setting of a camera, but other than that every Capture One tool is available to every supported camera raw file.



    So if Capture One, provide user with his full spectum of features intependly of the camera model, as long the body is been suport, for taking an image, then it cover my needs, and i will just buy a camera to work with.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • SFA
    [quote="NNN637101069959657214" wrote:
    To make my self clear:
    Nothing like Magic Lantern. The camera will work tethering, inside a studio fir still life (products). In that phase i dont need an expencive camera, because i create the workflow-lights and am kind of 'soft budgect'.

    So if Capture One, provide user with his full spectum of features intependly of the camera model, as long the body is been suport, for taking an image, then it cover my needs.


    OK.

    For cameras that are able to support tethering the Release Notes are expected to show any limitations, for both tethering and certain types of camera feature support, in the "Notes" field in the camera listing entry.

    However if there is something very specific you want to use the best option you have would be to create a Support Case and ask the Capture One Support team directly.

    As this is intended to be a User to User forum and NOT an official support channel the official word is best obtained using the Support Case system.

    https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us

    And then use the "Submit a Request" link at the top right of the page.


    HTH.


    Grant
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NNN637101069959657214
    Very helpfull. Thanks!.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NNN637101069959657214
    Something else, if its possible. For example the Nikon D5300 has Tethered/Live View and none note.
    That mean that, in theory, works, fine in CaptureOne current version?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Ian Wilson
    Yes. It should work for tethering and live view.

    Ian
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • NNN637101069959657214
    Thanks, Ian.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.