Can't assign Keyboard shorcuts to "Edit With..."

Comments

15 comments

  • Paul Steunebrink
    Do not use System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts in Capture One. Use the (improved) Keyboard Shortcut Manager from the Edit menu.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Peter Bradley
    I also have this issue. Can you point me to the menu item in the new Keyboard Shortcuts please as I just can't find it?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jonzinator
    I have the same issue. The "Edit With" and "Open With" are not avalible for assigning shortcuts to. Huge workflow issue for me.

    Troy
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Roberto Alanis
    [quote="Paul_Steunebrink" wrote:
    Do not use System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts in Capture One. Use the (improved) Keyboard Shortcut Manager from the Edit menu.



    "...and yet this shortcut was removed. (From the Manager)"
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Abbott Schindler
    I find Keyboard Maestro invaluable for situations like this. Just make sure that the shortcut you assign isn't already used by another C1 command.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Paul Steunebrink
    [quote="betoalanis" wrote:
    [quote="Paul_Steunebrink" wrote:
    Do not use System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts in Capture One. Use the (improved) Keyboard Shortcut Manager from the Edit menu.



    "...and yet this shortcut was removed. (From the Manager)"

    You are right, I overlooked that. Sorry.

    The reason it was removed is that now you have subitems from the Edit with menu. In CO11 that was already the case for Open with, which did not have a shortcut either. Now with CO12 it is the case for both Edit with and Open with.

    It would be nice I you could make a shortcut to the subitem (like Photoshop, Affinity Photo or whatever) but then the Shortcut Manager needs to dynamically see the items.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Roberto Alanis
    [quote="Paul_Steunebrink" wrote:
    [quote="betoalanis" wrote:
    [quote="Paul_Steunebrink" wrote:
    Do not use System Preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts in Capture One. Use the (improved) Keyboard Shortcut Manager from the Edit menu.



    "...and yet this shortcut was removed. (From the Manager)"

    You are right, I overlooked that. Sorry.

    The reason it was removed is that now you have subitems from the Edit with menu. In CO11 that was already the case for Open with, which did not have a shortcut either. Now with CO12 it is the case for both Edit with and Open with.

    It would be nice I you could make a shortcut to the subitem (like Photoshop, Affinity Photo or whatever) but then the Shortcut Manager needs to dynamically see the items.


    Can it be possible to integrate it on the plugin itself? just as you check which apps you want or not in the preferences, have settings here to assign a shortcut to each app.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Paul Steunebrink
    Maybe.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Peter Bradley
    I am really hoping that this shortcut is returned to the program soon as it is important to my workflow.
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jonzinator
    [quote="NNN636737354638489021" wrote:
    I am really hoping that this shortcut is returned to the program soon as it is important to my workflow.


    I totally agree. I did chat with support and they are aware that it is causeing many users grief and they are working on a solution.

    Troy
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Peter Bradley
    It's been a while now and I am still waiting for the shortcut to be re-installed into the program. Is anything happening in relation to this request or just pushed aside?
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jonzinator
    [quote="NNN636737354638489021" wrote:
    It's been a while now and I am still waiting for the shortcut to be re-installed into the program. Is anything happening in relation to this request or just pushed aside?



    I totally agree. This change is killing my workflow!
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Jonzinator
    [quote="Nature Isme" wrote:
    I find Keyboard Maestro invaluable for situations like this. Just make sure that the shortcut you assign isn't already used by another C1 command.


    I have tried Keyboard Maerstro but have not gotten it to work successgully yet. Coould you share your maestro settings?

    Thanks
    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Andrew Browne

    Do we know if this ever got added back in to recent versions?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Eli Turner

    Can confirm that as of C1 20, this is still the case.  I had previously been able to use the Apple Keyboard Shortcuts to work, but that no longer functions since one of the more recent updates.  I too spent countless hours configuring the shortcuts to work with a midi keyboard and then functions get removed which really messes with my workflow.  Frustrating.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.