Aller au contenu principal

Upgrade pricing

Commentaires

44 commentaires

  • John Doe
    I have no conversion charge on my card, so I'd be very happy to be able to pay in USD.
    0
  • Tomasz Bator
    [quote="SFA" wrote:
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:

    No, just price everything in USD instead of adding a +15% premium for no good reason. Somehow, magically, USD price is OK for the rest of the world...


    Then your transaction on your card/bank account would follow the USD exchange rate every day. Plus the bank/card charges for the conversion.


    Well, that applies to EUR in the exact same way. Hint: only selected countries in Europe have the EUR currency. Not only I have to pay the arbitrary +15% extra, but I have to pay for conversion to EUR as well. If you add +25% VAT, my v10 to v11 upgrade price suddenly rises to $179. Hence my frustration.
    0
  • SFA
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:
    [quote="SFA" wrote:
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:

    No, just price everything in USD instead of adding a +15% premium for no good reason. Somehow, magically, USD price is OK for the rest of the world...


    Then your transaction on your card/bank account would follow the USD exchange rate every day. Plus the bank/card charges for the conversion.


    Well, that applies to EUR in the exact same way. Hint: only selected countries in Europe have the EUR currency. Not only I have to pay the arbitrary +15% extra, but I have to pay for conversion to EUR as well. If you add +25% VAT, my v10 to v11 upgrade price suddenly rises to $179. Hence my frustration.


    Yes, I am very aware of that. Phase too I expect. But remember that there will also likely be various sales taxes to account for in the USA. Presumably also in other parts of the world. Of course they are nothing to do with Phase One!
    0
  • Class A
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:
    If you add +25% VAT, my v10 to v11 upgrade price suddenly rises to $179.

    Remember that you can knock off 10% by using an ambassador code. You can find them everywhere.
    0
  • Mnl
    Upgraded from 9.3 to 10 in August 2017. The upgrade was 49€ plus 18% tax. Now the next upgrade is 69€ plus 18% tax. ❓ ❓ ❓

    Maybe the best idea is to only upgrade every second year. But this can´t be good for Phase One and it kind of does not feel good for me as a customer. ☹️

    regards Manuel
    0
  • John Doe
    If it wasn't good for Phase One they wouldn't let you upgrade from version n-2, would they?
    0
  • Rob DuMont
    [quote="Mnl" wrote:
    Upgraded from 9.3 to 10 in August 2017. The upgrade was 49€ plus 18% tax. Now the next upgrade is 69€ plus 18% tax. ❓ ❓ ❓

    Maybe the best idea is to only upgrade every second year. But this can´t be good for Phase One and it kind of does not feel good for me as a customer. ☹️

    regards Manuel


    Profit is best attained by maximizing what your customers are willing to bear, balancing losing customers with gaining new ones towards maximum revenue. No company truly cares about you or I, not should they.

    However, squeeze too hard too fast and they'll start bleeding profits. The comments here and elsewhere around upgrade pricing and the paucity of value in recent new versions should be taken seriously by Phase One, and the best thing for each of us to do is to make decisions in our own best interest. Upgrade if the value is there for you, but if you don't need to, don't fall for the shiny new version 😊 Or wait and see if pricing comes down over the coming year.
    0
  • Tomasz Bator
    [quote="SFA" wrote:
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:

    Well, that applies to EUR in the exact same way. Hint: only selected countries in Europe have the EUR currency. Not only I have to pay the arbitrary +15% extra, but I have to pay for conversion to EUR as well. If you add +25% VAT, my v10 to v11 upgrade price suddenly rises to $179. Hence my frustration.


    Yes, I am very aware of that. Phase too I expect. But remember that there will also likely be various sales taxes to account for in the USA. Presumably also in other parts of the world. Of course they are nothing to do with Phase One!


    I'm not complaining about taxes, that's outside of anyone's control. I'm only wondering if PhaseOne ever explained why do they charge more people that live in a particular geographic area. That 15% extra is completely under P1's control and goes directly to their bank account, it's not related to taxes in any way.

    Anyway, nice summary by Robby-D. If v11 pricing brings more profit than v10, that will be P1's success and we can expect v12 to be even more expensive. That's just business. We can only vote with out wallets...
    0
  • Rob DuMont
    [quote="tomba4" wrote:

    Anyway, nice summary by Robby-D. If v11 pricing brings more profit than v10, that will be P1's success and we can expect v12 to be even more expensive. That's just business. We can only vote with out wallets...


    Thanks!

    It's probably worth mentioning that more revenues often leads to more development resources, which leads to more features per version and a higher-quality product, so let's all keep our fingers crossed. From what I've seen on FB, the folks at Phase One seem to be very decent people and passionate about their company and products, so I'm cautiously optimistic 😊
    0
  • Tibor
    [quote="Robby-D" wrote:
    From what I've seen on FB, the folks at Phase One seem to be very decent people and passionate about their company and products, so I'm cautiously optimistic 😊


    Yes, David Grover is especially helpfull with his webinars. You can sign up here or watch previous C1 10 webinars here
    0
  • Gustavo Ferlizi
    My concern is that v10 still needs serious patching! 🙄
    0
  • don maclean
    Even in Asia you need to pay in EUR not USD, therefore the upgrade is 142USD rather than 119USD it seems that they should be able to change their store to accept USD outside the EU.
    0
  • Mnl
    [quote="John Doe" wrote:
    If it wasn't good for Phase One they wouldn't let you upgrade from version n-2, would they?


    good point.
    Can I rely on the n-2 deal?
    - If not... it might make sense to upgrade now instead of waiting.
    - If yes... waiting is definitely for me right now.

    there are also some other questions that bother me:
    The earlier C1 releases had a much longer "Support-Time" then the new releases. It looks like we might get a major release every year.
    If I buy C1 11 now, how long am I supposed to get bugfixes? One year? Or ist C1 12 just around the corner and might be released in Q2/2018? If someone can assure me the C1 11 will have support, bugfixes and updates until Mid 2019 i will buy it now (even if I do not need the new features right away)... instead of waiting for C1 12.

    Don´t get me wrong. I really do like the Product and the C1 / PhaseOne-Team (Service had been very good and all the webinars are great). I also like to support PhaseOne, thats why I bought C1 instead of just using the free Sony Express Version. It just would be nice if we would get some more information on release-planing, support-time and upgrade-possibilities.

    Regards Manuel
    0
  • Tibor
    [quote="Mnl" wrote:
    It looks like we might get a major release every year.


    Yes. I think this is the current trend in the photo market. Even Photokina will be on a yearly basis from 2018 on. They stated "photokina takes the next step and will take place annually as of 2018. It will in future thus optimally reflect the fast-paced nature and the ever briefer innovation cycles of an increasingly digitalised industry. As of 2019 the trade fair will also have a new date in May."

    So, as C1 v8 was announced at Photokina 2014 we might see C1 v12 at Photokina 2018. As for new updates on a current version goes, please see this post from their USA dealer about the "Rolling Development" principle They say "Phase One switched to a “Rolling†release schedule with version 8 and the results have been phenomenal. A new major version (e.g. 10.0) still carries new features, but so does every “dot release†(e.g. 10.1 and 10.2). This has meant greater stability (since they aren’t changing a dozen things at once they can vet each change more thoroughly). It’s also meant that users can keep up with the changes more easily (since they only have to learn a few new features at a time)."

    Hope this helps.
    0

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.