Aller au contenu principal

Support for Canon 90D

Commentaires

25 commentaires

  • Dale Vile
    Quick update: Adobe has a free DNG converter so no need to go via Lightroom: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/deta ... ftpID=6735
    0
  • Dr. med. Friedemann Tewald
    I'm waiting also for 90D support
    0
  • Marlon
    I have a M50 who produce .CR3 files and I can process them with C1 (as those from EOS R/RP, as I know).
    Hope the support will be extended to your 90D soon 😊
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="NNN636457384326875068" wrote:
    I'm waiting also for 90D support



    As am I.
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="NNN637025232159724136" wrote:
    Quick update: Adobe has a free DNG converter so no need to go via Lightroom: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/deta ... ftpID=6735


    Except that I use LR as my main DAM. The CO catalog is still too immature for me. But at least the DNGs work for now.
    0
  • Dr. med. Friedemann Tewald
    When I use adobe to convert in DNG. In C1 the pictures are very pale. Any idea?
    0
  • Ian Wilson
    I think that even if you convert to DNG, that may not help if the camera is not yet supported by Capture One. Not all DNG files are created equal, it seems.

    Ian
    0
  • Jens Steyer
    I'm waiting too, I just opened a ticket.
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="Ian3" wrote:
    I think that even if you convert to DNG, that may not help if the camera is not yet supported by Capture One. Not all DNG files are created equal, it seems.

    Ian


    I have found the same. Actually what I am currently doing while I wait for CO is to do a basic conversion in LR to a tiff, and then bring the tiff into CO. I can do a lot with the tiff.
    0
  • Jim MSP
    Still no update. Rather disappointing, as the camera was available just about a month ago on the commercial market.
    For the most part, I continue to stick with LR right now as I have not been thrilled with the few results I have gotten on a converted dng with CO.
    0
  • SFA
    Jim,

    Realistically any release schedule at this time of year (from any multi-platform developer, not just C1) would need to take into account the needs for the latest Mac OS and most often Windows too.

    That Canon and others might choose to release a new camera (or lenses, etc.) at around the same time just adds to the challenge of balancing resources against unknown needs and externally influenced timing of events. And, of course, the unpredictable aspects of what the take up for a new Canon camera might be (amongst C1 users.)

    I suspect a little patience may be required.



    Grant
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="SFA" wrote:
    Jim,

    Realistically any release schedule at this time of year (from any multi-platform developer, not just C1) would need to take into account the needs for the latest Mac OS and most often Windows too.

    That Canon and others might choose to release a new camera (or lenses, etc.) at around the same time just adds to the challenge of balancing resources against unknown needs and externally influenced timing of events. And, of course, the unpredictable aspects of what the take up for a new Canon camera might be (amongst C1 users.)

    I suspect a little patience may be required.

    Grant


    I understand very well the concept of balancing resources - been there. I also understand knowing market forces and product planning. And I have reasonable patience.
    But the 90D CR3 raw format has been out for a longer time, as Canon uses it on the mirrorless cameras as well. And certainly changing OS's always play a role. But - that is the field they have chosen to play on and the market they play in. How they respond to a major release from a major supplier to their market is very telling as to how they view themselves and the future.
    0
  • SFA
    [quote="Jim MSP" wrote:
    [quote="SFA" wrote:
    Jim,

    Realistically any release schedule at this time of year (from any multi-platform developer, not just C1) would need to take into account the needs for the latest Mac OS and most often Windows too.

    That Canon and others might choose to release a new camera (or lenses, etc.) at around the same time just adds to the challenge of balancing resources against unknown needs and externally influenced timing of events. And, of course, the unpredictable aspects of what the take up for a new Canon camera might be (amongst C1 users.)

    I suspect a little patience may be required.

    Grant


    I understand very well the concept of balancing resources - been there. I also understand knowing market forces and product planning. And I have reasonable patience.
    But the 90D CR3 raw format has been out for a longer time, as Canon uses it on the mirrorless cameras as well. And certainly changing OS's always play a role. But - that is the field they have chosen to play on and the market they play in. How they respond to a major release from a major supplier to their market is very telling as to how they view themselves and the future.



    You might understand Jim. Others passing through and reading your post - maybe not so much.

    Even so support for Canon models usually comes a few weeks after they are finally available on relatively wide "worldwide" release. - Assuming Phase have been able to get hold of one should they find a need to lab test it.

    I can only recall one instance where the camera release and C1 availability were almost on the same day and, from memory, that was the rather delayed 1Dx quite shortly before the Olympics event for which its marketing had been targeted. (Might have been another model but 1Dx is in my mind for that.

    Whichever model it was I got the impression that Canon had ensured it had promoted the camera quite heavily to make sure it was accepted in volume as soon as possible. That does not seem to be the usual case.
    0
  • Keith Reeder
    [quote="Jim MSP" wrote:
    How they respond to a major release from a major supplier to their market is very telling as to how they view themselves and the future.

    I was reading much the same kind of "telling observation" on here (or its predecessor) more than ten years ago.

    And yet here we are...
    0
  • Keith Reeder
    [quote="Jim MSP" wrote:
    But the 90D CR3 raw format has been out for a longer time, as Canon uses it on the mirrorless cameras as well.

    No, the CR3 format has been around for a longer time: the 90D CR3 format has only been around for as long as the camera.

    It's effectively a "start from scratch" exercise every time. My M6 Mk II has exactly the same sensor as the 90D, but its profile is unique to it alone...
    0
  • Jim MSP
    I know that is the theory. However Lightroom was able to read the files on day one without a specific update release for the 90D (as best I could tell.)
    0
  • Ian Wilson
    [quote="Jim MSP" wrote:
    I know that is the theory. However Lightroom was able to read the files on day one without a specific update release for the 90D (as best I could tell.)

    Maybe so. But that may have been in the nature of "preliminary support" for the camera. I think that even with LR, they expect to provide a profile eventually. Either that, or it just works on a generic kind of basis not one tailored properly to the camera in question.

    Ian
    0
  • Jim MSP
    There no Canon "standard" or Canon "Landscape" profiles, but since I shoot in RAW, I don't need those, nor have I used them in the past. Everything works just fine. While LR provides a lot of camera specific profiles for a lot of cameras, it doesn't have them for all the cameras it supports.
    Likewise, I don't need CO specific profiles or styles either. My lenses are the same as I had before.
    I know there is some work involved, but I don't believe it is huge.

    We are approaching the time where a new version of CO may appear. Phase One may want or require me to purchase that if I want 90D support. This will make me very unhappy.
    0
  • NB
    Does v20 support 90D and other recent Canon cameras?
    How does one find out?
    0
  • Ian Wilson
    Nobody here can tell you whether Capture One 20 when it is released will support THE 90D. Phase One don't announce things like that in advance. And any beta testers who might know are not allowed to tell you because of a non-disclosure agreement.

    I assume that they do have plans to add support for this camera, but your guess is as good as mine about when they will do so.

    What other recent cameras did you have in mind?

    Ian
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="Alex1111" wrote:
    Does v20 support 90D and other recent Canon cameras?
    How does one find out?

    You can apply to be a beta tester, sign the NDA, download the software, and test it.

    Jim
    0
  • NB
    [quote="Jim MSP" wrote:
    [quote="Alex1111" wrote:
    Does v20 support 90D and other recent Canon cameras?
    How does one find out?

    You can apply to be a beta tester, sign the NDA, download the software, and test it.

    Jim

    I am in process of configuring and ordering a new photo PC as my existing one doesn't have sufficient memory to support cameras with over ~24MP. So I won't be able to test until I have my new PC hopefully in about 1 month.
    0
  • John Hadden
    I'm having the same issue—C1 20 not recognizing CR3 RAW files, but from my newly acquired G5X Mark II. Wish I'd known ahead of time before purchasing it (though it is a nice camera...)
    0
  • Jim MSP
    [quote="NN635804522250805075UL" wrote:
    I'm having the same issue—C1 20 not recognizing CR3 RAW files, but from my newly acquired G5X Mark II. Wish I'd known ahead of time before purchasing it (though it is a nice camera...)


    I am running a 30 day test of CO v20. It does support my Canon 90D raws. And it does a very good job.

    JIm
    0
  • SFA
    [quote="NN635804522250805075UL" wrote:
    I'm having the same issue—C1 20 not recognizing CR3 RAW files, but from my newly acquired G5X Mark II. Wish I'd known ahead of time before purchasing it (though it is a nice camera...)


    CR3 is just a data format for files not a complete interpretation for a RAW converter.

    To make the most of the data each camera needs to be assessed and the data interpretation fine tuned.

    So far the G5X Mk II has not been assessed. It would be surprising if it is not included at some point in the future however the priority given to getting it on to the supported list has to be considered against the demand to test all the new cameras being released and how popular they will be, especially how popular amongst Capture One users.

    The usual advice is to create a Support Case asking for the camera to be supported as that helps to provide Phase with some indication about the user base numbers for the camera.

    The same applies to lenses.

    HTH.


    Grant
    0

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.