Fuji X-E3

Commentaires

18 commentaires

  • kakman
    It's not listed so I'll say no..
    I'm not overly concerned about the upgrade or subscription price, but it's unfortunate when you pay your money and the software won't work on a new camera for several months with no indication when it might. As you say, the sensors are the same and I'm sure Fuji makes pre-release models available so there seems no excuse not to have new model support in the first week or so.
    I've now resorted to shooting jpeg which is not what I want to do.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • SFA
    [quote="kakman" wrote:
    It's not listed so I'll say no..
    I'm not overly concerned about the upgrade or subscription price, but it's unfortunate when you pay your money and the software won't work on a new camera for several months with no indication when it might. As you say, the sensors are the same and I'm sure Fuji makes pre-release models available so there seems no excuse not to have new model support in the first week or so.
    I've now resorted to shooting jpeg which is not what I want to do.


    I think the Phase policy is likely to be based on the testing of a real release unit rather than pre-release units that may or may not be to the final spec.

    Plus, of course, Fuji would need to make the units available.

    There is always a few weeks of discomfort (or use of manufacturer provided software) for the early adopter.


    Grant
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • kakman
    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    I think the Phase policy is likely to be based on the testing of a real release unit rather than pre-release units that may or may not be to the final spec.
    Plus, of course, Fuji would need to make the units available.
    There is always a few weeks of discomfort (or use of manufacturer provided software) for the early adopter.

    Fuji certainly make units available to media so I'd see no reason they wouldn't supply them to 'software partners'. I agree on your assumption about release models but unless the sensor was to change I can't see how the RAW files from a pre-release model would differ from a release model.
    That few weeks is nearly 9 weeks now - infuriating given that there are other RAW processors that support this model. Perhaps they should offer a refund on subscriptions whilst the software can't be used...
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • John Doe
    Perhaps you should have checked your camera was supported /before/ subscribing?
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Christian Gruner
    [quote="kakman" wrote:
    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    I think the Phase policy is likely to be based on the testing of a real release unit rather than pre-release units that may or may not be to the final spec.
    Plus, of course, Fuji would need to make the units available.
    There is always a few weeks of discomfort (or use of manufacturer provided software) for the early adopter.

    Fuji certainly make units available to media so I'd see no reason they wouldn't supply them to 'software partners'. I agree on your assumption about release models but unless the sensor was to change I can't see how the RAW files from a pre-release model would differ from a release model.
    That few weeks is nearly 9 weeks now - infuriating given that there are other RAW processors that support this model. Perhaps they should offer a refund on subscriptions whilst the software can't be used...


    the software works fine for anything but that particular camera.
    The camera will likely receive support, as with other Fuji Xtrans sensors, however, I cannot give an ETA.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • kakman
    [quote="John Doe" wrote:
    Perhaps you should have checked your camera was supported /before/ subscribing?

    Fortunately I don't subscribe, I have a perpetual license. I did however just buy ON1 which supports the X-E3. This is money which would otherwise have gone to Phase One and I see no reason now to upgrade even with updated camera support.

    I don't think 9 weeks is a reasonable time frame to support a new camera but accept your opinion might differ.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • kakman
    [quote="Christian Gruner" wrote:

    the software works fine for anything but that particular camera.
    The camera will likely receive support, as with other Fuji Xtrans sensors, however, I cannot give an ETA.

    With respect, this is a fairly useless answer when the camera I have (along with others) isn't supported. I've been using C1 professionally for about 5 years now but I've just purchased an alternative. It's not encouraging when a senior employee suggests support is only 'likely' and there is no ETA.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Frank Grunberg
    Just to add a few points:
    Checking camera support before subscribing?

    As a professional photographer in the industry for over 40 years,
    I have been using Capture One with H series backs since the mid 1990's
    Phase One engineers have always gone out of their way to service professional photographer
    They are a very diligent brilliant crew.
    I have meet may of them
    Phase One to me has always held the bar higher than any other vendor
    I use P series backs, as well as Canon, Olympus, Mamiya and Fuji
    They are all tools
    It has supported every camera I ever owned:
    Leica, Nikon, Canons, Olympus, Sony
    It was promoted as a professional software supporting our "tools" (cameras)
    They used to fall over themselves in getting out support for "new" cameras
    I have purchased every upgrade for 20 years
    Now that enthusiasm seems to have dimmed
    Fuji with the X-Tran series, has no low pass filter offering a different tool to record images
    It produces files that amount to almost a different way of "seeing"
    I can understanding not supporting certain features offered by manufacturing such as stacking in certain Sony hardware,
    but the Fuji X-E3 has been out since September.
    It's processor is in other Fuji cameras that Phase One supports
    This is what totally baffled me.
    I can understand software companies not preannouncemening releases or features so as not to support "vapourware"
    The new Capture One 11 offers an evolved workflow from previous versions.
    I would love to use this new Fuji "tool" with this software.
    Trust me it is not just FOMO.
    I am not a fan of Adobe - ACR has never worked anywhere near as precise as Capture One
    Affifinty is interesting and Irident Developer very competent - but neither offers the cataloging, keywording or range of specific development tools Capture One does.
    There is no other real "professional" software out there.
    Luminar 2018 handles Fuji X-Tran cameras but I do not consider this professional software nor can I profile my camera specifically

    So I wait
    Hoping
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • kakman
    [quote="Frank112" wrote:
    Just to add a few points:
    As a professional photographer in the industry for over 40 years,
    Trust me it is not just FOMO.
    I am not a fan of Adobe - ACR has never worked anywhere near as precise as Capture One
    Affifinty is interesting and Irident Developer very competent - but neither offers the cataloging, keywording or range of specific development tools Capture One does.
    There is no other real "professional" software out there.
    Luminar 2018 handles Fuji X-Tran cameras but I do not consider this professional software nor can I profile my camera specifically

    We sound quite similar in a way. I started work as a photojournalist in 1979 and have worked through newspapers, magazines, wedding portrait and low end commercial. I have Canon and Sony full frame gear for work but bought the Fuji because it reminds me of my old Nikon F3 and it's beautifully small and light to carry around.
    I was introduced to Capture One by my brother-in-law, a commercial photographer, who uses Phase One cameras for his work. I'm disappointed about the poor response to new Fuji cameras but there's an increasing number of alternatives around and I don't mind working my way through them. I'm happy to speak through my wallet.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • John Froschauer
    Hoping for X-E3 to be added in the not to distant future as well. I use Canon DSLRs for hard core work but I love the X-E line, have a 2 and added a 3 as they remind me of the old days when I used Leicas in conjunction to film SLRs. Small discreet, quiet and able to be more of a fly on the wall than a large DSLR.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • rogerm
    Thanks to the professionals who have urged Phase One to include the X-E3. I am anything but a pro, and never-the-less am delighted to work with the wonderful tools of C1. I started with v8 and have updated through 9 and 10 and was ready for 11. Unfortunately since 11 is missing support for Fuji's X-E3, I am on the sidelines. Do I wait, or move. It would be easier if Phase One was willing to give word, but the delay seems to tell it's own story. I truly hope this is just a glitch, although it seems like a rather long time since the release of the X-E3. Release date: September 28, 2017.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Gustavo Ferlizi
    If you guys do a little research you'll find that support for a new 3rd-party camera is usually added 2-3 months after it's public release.

    I would wait until then to complain.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • SFA
    [quote="kakman" wrote:
    [quote="Christian Gruner" wrote:

    the software works fine for anything but that particular camera.
    The camera will likely receive support, as with other Fuji Xtrans sensors, however, I cannot give an ETA.

    With respect, this is a fairly useless answer when the camera I have (along with others) isn't supported. I've been using C1 professionally for about 5 years now but I've just purchased an alternative. It's not encouraging when a senior employee suggests support is only 'likely' and there is no ETA.


    5 years?

    This subject comes up every time a manufacturer releases a new camera and, with the exception of other MF systems and one other I can recall that somehow was delayed for some time, support has always arrived within a few weeks of wide release of the camera.

    A number of things have to come together I guess. Availability of the camera for testing perhaps, how it fits the the work load for release schedules as influenced by Apple and Microsoft as well as Phase's plans and product releases and, no doubt a few other matters.

    It's always the same in that respect.

    Surely you have not managed to miss those conversations for the past 5 years?


    Grant
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Gustavo Ferlizi
    Frankly I think Phase should just kick this consumer camera support out of the door as early as possible as preliminary, and revisit if major issues come up.

    But yeah, the same customers will complain in either instance.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • NNN635158767546269381
    Well, I do prefer full support over "pre"/"beta"/"alpha"... release. PhaseOne and CaptureOne camera support shine because they do it correctly (unlike Adobe).


    [quote="gusferlizi" wrote:
    Frankly I think Phase should just kick this consumer camera support out of the door as early as possible as preliminary, and revisit if major issues come up.

    But yeah, the same customers will complain in either instance.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Gustavo Ferlizi
    [quote="NNN635158767546269381" wrote:
    Well, I do prefer full support over "pre"/"beta"/"alpha"... release. PhaseOne and CaptureOne camera support shine because they do it correctly (unlike Adobe).


    [quote="gusferlizi" wrote:
    Frankly I think Phase should just kick this consumer camera support out of the door as early as possible as preliminary, and revisit if major issues come up.

    But yeah, the same customers will complain in either instance.

    Until they screwed X-Trans rendering... 'correctly'.

    At least for Adobe it's always been bad.
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • rogerm
    Now three (3) months since Fuji X-E3 was released. Still no C1
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien
  • Douglas Garfield
    I'm frustrated by this issue too. I've been using Fuji X-series since September of 2012 and have never experienced a gap this long between product launch and file support. I sold my X-T10 in order to purchase the X-E3 shortly after its release in September thinking that it would be, at most, a six weeks gap like in the past. It's nearly the new year and nothing.

    I submitted a feature request directly to Phaseone as suggested below and I got an answer to the effect that camera/file support is contingent upon demand. Why is this camera any different than the other 20 models PO supports? I know it takes time, but nearly 4 months?

    Thanks.

    -Doug
    0
    Actions pour les commentaires Permalien

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.