Aller au contenu principal

Upgrade Price

Commentaires

104 commentaires

  • alessandro cecconi
    it's 50% of the retail price 😄
    0
  • photo by FA
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.
    0
  • Drugstore
    Eight weeks ago (Oct. 6th) I bought version 10. Now I shall pay 140€ to upgrade to 11..... how to lose customers!
    0
  • alessandro cecconi
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.

    Yes, the math makes sense now. If they are charging these prices, they basically forced every one who wants ( has) to upgrade into an Adobe like dependency. Dont forget that if you DO NOT upgrade, no updates on your OSX will be supported 😄
    0
  • photo by FA
    [quote="NN635299624516976000UL" wrote:
    Eight weeks ago (Oct. 6th) I bought version 10. Now I shall pay 140€ to upgrade to 11..... how to lose customers!


    1) You can ask PO if they can give you a discount
    2) What should PO have done? To give a heads up to everybody saying "folks don't buy our software we will issue a new one soon"
    0
  • photo by FA
    [quote="alececco" wrote:
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.

    Yes, the math makes sense now. If they are charging these prices, they basically forced every one who wants ( has) to upgrade into an Adobe like dependency. Dont forget that if you DO NOT upgrade, no updates on your OSX will be supported 😄

    True, but updating your OSX is not mandatory as well 😊
    0
  • alessandro cecconi
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    [quote="alececco" wrote:
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.

    Yes, the math makes sense now. If they are charging these prices, they basically forced every one who wants ( has) to upgrade into an Adobe like dependency. Dont forget that if you DO NOT upgrade, no updates on your OSX will be supported 😄

    True, but updating your OSX is not mandatory as well 😊

    that is where you wrong. upgrading OSX is mandatory if you care about security
    0
  • John Doe
    [quote="alececco" wrote:

    that is where you wrong. upgrading OSX is mandatory if you care about security

    Apple usually releases security updates for the two previous versions of OS X.
    0
  • Christiaan mak
    [quote="alececco" wrote:
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.

    Yes, the math makes sense now. If they are charging these prices, they basically forced every one who wants ( has) to upgrade into an Adobe like dependency. Dont forget that if you DO NOT upgrade, no updates on your OSX will be supported 😄

    So should I deduct that there will be no maintenance updates regarding v10, for either Mac os or Windows, at all from now on?
    I have to say, for what this new version brings, 140,- is an awfully steep upgrade price. Apart from faster catalogue loading, I cannot see any reason whatsoever myself. So for the first time, I will be skipping the upgrade, but this may prove a big issue with Mac os updates and especially Windows updates, that are compulsory.

    Chris
    0
  • ---
    [quote="ChrisM" wrote:
    [quote="alececco" wrote:
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.

    Yes, the math makes sense now. If they are charging these prices, they basically forced every one who wants ( has) to upgrade into an Adobe like dependency. Dont forget that if you DO NOT upgrade, no updates on your OSX will be supported 😄

    So should I deduct that no maintenance updates on v10, for iether Mac os or Windows will be released at all from now on?
    I have to say, for what this new version brings, 140,- is an awfully steep upgrade price. Apart from faster catalogue loading, I cannot see ang reason whatsoever myself. So for the first time, I will be skipping the upgrade, but this may prove a big issue with Mac os updates and especially Windows updates, that are compulsory.

    Chris


    I think the price is fair but I also have the feeling that we software only user have to pay more to keep their hardware business running 😉
    0
  • NN636271034717228928UL
    [quote="NN635299624516976000UL" wrote:
    Eight weeks ago (Oct. 6th) I bought version 10. Now I shall pay 140€ to upgrade to 11..... how to lose customers!


    Just asked for discount as I bought October 20th moving in from LR.

    The answer is 30 days is the rule. So I am beyond.

    Ends my career as a new PO customer.
    0
  • NN636271034717228928UL
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    [quote="NN635299624516976000UL" wrote:
    Eight weeks ago (Oct. 6th) I bought version 10. Now I shall pay 140€ to upgrade to 11..... how to lose customers!


    1) You can ask PO if they can give you a discount
    2) What should PO have done? To give a heads up to everybody saying "folks don't buy our software we will issue a new one soon"


    Giving those buyers a voucher for the upgrade, for example. Certainly they were aware of the upcoming release.
    0
  • Drugstore
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I guess for a most sensible thing to do, for a person who doesn’t need every update every year to get the full version. For a person who likes to get the updates every year to have the subscription method.


    The monthly rate ($20) is double the rate that you have to pay for Photoshop and Lightroom together ($9.95)!
    0
  • Alessio Furlan
    Bah..... The upgrade price is exaggeratedly high.

    Obviously I will not make an update (the last one was less than a year ago !!!).

    With the same price, a little more, you subscribe to the Adobe package (Photoshop + Lightroom). Phaseone's price does not make sense.
    0
  • NN636271034717228928UL
    [quote="Alessio Furlan" wrote:
    Bah..... The upgrade price is exaggeratedly high.

    Obviously I will not make an update (the last one was less than a year ago !!!).

    With the same price, a little more, you subscribe to the Adobe package (Photoshop + Lightroom). Phaseone's price does not make sense.


    Agree, the price I paid Oct 20th plus v11 upgrade is 2 years LR CC+PS for me. 🤓

    I guess PO is trying their luck in catching ex Adobe users but I am not THAT desperate.
    0
  • Alessio Furlan
    [quote="NN636271034717228928UL" wrote:


    Agree, the price I paid Oct 20th plus v11 upgrade is 2 years LR CC+PS for me. 🤓

    I guess PO is trying their luck in catching ex Adobe users but I am not THAT desperate.


    The subscription price is also ridiculous.

    Subscriptions are usually less expensive than full purchase.
    In this case:
    C1 Subscription = 240 Euro every 12 months (or 240$ = 202 Euro...bah...)
    Upgrade = 119 Euros each upgrade (the previous one was less than 12 months ago if remember...). 🙄

    No Phaseone... I am a (ex) customer for over 10 years. This time is the first time I do not update the software ... and I assume I will abandon it completely.
    0
  • NN635607233219261773UL
    I get the strong feeling that this upgrade should be version 10.3. The added features do not warrant a full number upgrade, it is probably a cash generating exercise more than anything else.
    0
  • Christian Volk
    I am very disappointed of phase ones update philosephy.
    I switched to C1 from LR 6 month ago, because I liked the great color management.
    Working on an imac retina late 2015 I had a lot of performance and stability issues.
    System crashes and spinning wheels of death, workinf with layered tiff files was impossible :/
    After a full year and developement cycle, Phase One wasn't able to fix these issues.
    Instead of releaseing new features, I`d whish to get a stable, performant software that doesn't cost my expensive time.

    I`ll test the new version, if the above problems are solved - if they were not, I'll switch back to LR.
    119€ without taxe for an update isn't appropriate from my point of view!
    0
  • Thomas Doll
    I am sure that I saw this morning an upgrade price from Capture one 10 to 11 was 99,— Euro .
    I should have made a screenshot but I did not.
    From version 6,7,8 to 11 the price was 119,-

    Thomas
    0
  • OptionalAlias
    3 days short of one year ago i paid 313,75 EUR för Capture 10.
    Upgrading to version 11 will cost me another 148,75 EUR

    And or the first 6 months Capture 10 was a total mess with destructive crashes and all other sort of performance related problems.I can't afford this unfortunately.

    I'll have to look for something else. Most likely turn to DXO instead.
    0
  • OptionalAlias
    [quote="Thomas5" wrote:
    I am sure that I saw this morning an upgrade price from Capture one 10 to 11 was 99,— Euro .
    I should have made a screenshot but I did not.
    From version 6,7,8 to 11 the price was 119,-

    Thomas


    I'm pretty sure they raised it from 99 to 119 as DxOs offer ended yesterday.
    They wanted to offer the same price for the time being to not lose any sale.
    0
  • Alessio Furlan
    [quote="atenolol" wrote:


    I'm pretty sure they raised it from 99 to 119 as DxOs offer ended yesterday.
    They wanted to offer the same price for the time being to not lose any sale.


    If they really did this change they did not behave properly. 🙄
    0
  • Thomas Doll
    I found it and made a screenshot this time.
    But I can’t copy the shot in here.

    Thomas
    0
  • John Doe
    [quote="Thomas5" wrote:
    I found it and made a screenshot this time.
    But I can’t copy the shot in here.

    Thomas

    Upload it to a hosting site.
    0
  • Thomas Doll
    Hi John,
    I can email you the screenshot if you want so you can post it.

    Regards
    Thomas
    0
  • John Doe
    Simply upload it to a hosting site such as hostingpics : http://www.hostingpics.net
    0
  • Marcus Schouten
    I feel that they can be a bit friendlier to existing customers. For example an upgrade from the previous version for 45. An upgrade from an earlier version for 90 or so. I've upgraded all versions from V6, so it is getting expensive to run CO.
    0
  • John Doe
    [quote="NN634761468348628868UL" wrote:
    I feel that they can be a bit friendlier to existing customers. For example an upgrade from the previous version for 45. An upgrade from an earlier version for 90 or so. I've upgraded all versions from V6, so it is getting expensive to run CO.

    You can wait for v12 and update from v10.
    0
  • sizzlingbadger
    I'm still using v9, I tried several v10 trials but it was never stable enough. Upgrade is $207 in NZ, I can't really justify that, especially as most of the new functionality is not something I will use. The only issue I have now is v9 won't support the latest OSX or Camera's so I'm forced to do something to stay operating.
    0
  • Marcus Schouten
    [quote="John Doe" wrote:
    [quote="NN634761468348628868UL" wrote:
    I feel that they can be a bit friendlier to existing customers. For example an upgrade from the previous version for 45. An upgrade from an earlier version for 90 or so. I've upgraded all versions from V6, so it is getting expensive to run CO.

    You can wait for v12 and update from v10.


    I will take a different approach, I'll wait 'till I will get a lens or camera that isn't supported by CO 10. At that time I will do a new software test and see which one will appeal the most to me. That may or may not be CO.
    0

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.