Aller au contenu principal

C1P not building previews after import

Commentaires

28 commentaires

  • Paul Steunebrink
    I suggest to report this in a support case for further analysis.
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Thanks for your reply Paul.

    I've contacted Phase One Support and did some extra tests. The problem exists in every single catalogue, even in a newly created one. So it's probably not a corrupted database that's causing the problem. I've sent the log-files to Support. Hopefully they'll have a solution.

    Best,
    Ivan
    0
  • Erik Williamson
    Hi Ivan
    I had a problem I think similar to this. Does it say there are no results for this filter?

    Try going to the filters tab/tool under the library tab. The three dots are on the top right hand corner which brings down a drop down menu there is a tab called global filters. For some reason mine had Always hide RAW files selected. I don't know how or why but it was. When I unchecked that they all populated. I hope that helps
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Erik,

    Thanks for your reply. No, filters have nothing to do with it. It's not like the RAW file are missing, no they are there but they are heavy pixelated. Capture One does import and show them, but it doesn't build previews for them. I guess COP shows the embedded jpeg that comes with the RAF.

    Cheers,
    Ivan
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi,

    The best part of a month has gone by and still no solution to my problem. After creating a support case and - as suggested by the support team - having created new catalogs, uninstalling and reinstalling COP, clearing COP's preferences, setting different sizes for preview, rebuilding the OpenCL cache, changing OpenCL-settings... nothing has changed.

    Well, that's not true. Sometimes COP generates preview on import and then again it doesn't, whatever preview size or OpenCL-setting I have dialed in. I've spent hours testing different settings and importing images. Weird thing is, this never happened before upgrading to 12.0.1 and it didn't go away after updating to 12.0.2

    Btw, since 12.0.1 the import window is acting strange too. Sometimes there's nothing under the tab Adjustments (I normally select a self made adjustment preset that lives there) and sometimes I can't select which images to import and which not. Opening and closing the import window several times usually solves these problems. Nevertheless very annoying.

    Also very annoying is the support offered. In the weeks gone by I repeatedly had to remind the support team of my case. They apologized every single time but offered no solution yet. And finally today, after a full week of silence from the Phase One side I saw the case was 'closed'. So I created a new case, referring to the previous one. I immediately got a reply with apologies once more and the promise they would look into it.

    Four weeks in total, several suggested solutions (some of them given twice over time) that didn't work. Several reminders from my side that I was still waiting for a reply and tons of apologies from the support team, but no solution. I'm kind of loosing faith to be frank.

    Ivan
    0
  • SFA
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    Hi Erik,

    Thanks for your reply. No, filters have nothing to do with it. It's not like the RAW file are missing, no they are there but they are heavy pixelated. Capture One does import and show them, but it doesn't build previews for them. I guess COP shows the embedded jpeg that comes with the RAF.

    Cheers,
    Ivan


    That would not make sense unless there is something very different in the processing of RAF files.

    "Heavy Pixellated almost suggests that you are seeing the Thumbnails at maximum size and not the Previews.

    Do you use the same Workspace definitions on both machines?

    If you still have the situation where everything works on one machine but not on the other (both running the same version of the OS?) then is seems very likely that it is something machine/installation specific that may be obscure enough that it would not be trapped and reported in any log files.

    As part of your investigation process did you at some point clear out the memory cache and all of th temporary files?

    Do you copy catalogues from one system to another?

    When using the import window and NOT seeing the Adjustments tab entries, are you running the window at full screen size for that screen? (The 4k screen or your other screen?)

    Are your GUI device drivers up to date? Or, possibly, have you tried backing out the most reason driver updates on the problem system?

    Do you use scaling for the display on the 4k screen?


    Grant
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Grant,

    Thanks for your reply. I'll try to answer your questions below.

    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    Do you use the same Workspace definitions on both machines?


    Yes I Do.

    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    As part of your investigation process did you at some point clear out the memory cache and all of th temporary files?


    Yes, I did.

    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    Do you copy catalogues from one system to another?


    Yes, I have done so.

    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    When using the import window and NOT seeing the Adjustments tab entries, are you running the window at full screen size for that screen? (The 4k screen or your other screen?)


    No, I'm not.

    [quote="SFA" wrote:

    Are your GUI device drivers up to date? Or, possibly, have you tried backing out the most reason driver updates on the problem system?

    Do you use scaling for the display on the 4k screen?


    Sorry, I don't understand the two questions above.

    Ivan
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi,

    Earlier this week I had a screenshare session with a friendly member of the Phase One Support Team. He changed a couple of settings on my iMac (eg permissions) and everything seemed to work okay. Great, problem solved. Until today that is.

    When I imported a couple of new images about an hour or two ago COP didn't build previews automatically. I had to give the commando to build previews manually. As soon as COP finished building the previews I visited a folder of images I had imported a couple of days ago. At that time COP did build previews during import, but now it starts rebuilding those previews again.

    The batch of images I have imported today is rather small, 27 images. Each time I revisit this folder, COP starts building previews again and again and again. Al least 10 times by now. Each time I wait for COP to build all 27 previews before I quit the folder. And eacht time I revisit the folder COP starts building again.

    Ivan
    0
  • NNN636210201223228964
    Hi,
    I had the same issue with you , I thought that how C1 work . But I tried to delete the programe and re-install it . It does fix the issue for me.
    I hope it help
    Steve
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Steve,

    Thanks for your reply and I'm glad to read that reinstalling Capture One solved your problem. I have tried solving mine by reinstalling C1P about a month ago. With no result. Since then I tried a bunch of things, none worked.

    Phase One Support is still looking for a solution. Earlier today they offered me few possible remedies but the last couple of weeks I've been so busy I had very little time to experiment. Hopefully this weekend or next week I'll have more time.

    But I have to admit that the problem isn't consistent, sometimes it happens and then again it doesn't. Strange.

    Regards,
    Ivan
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    But I have to admit that the problem isn't consistent, sometimes it happens and then again it doesn't. Strange.


    Same here. I can't see any pattern in this.

    Regards
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Shane,

    Maybe this is rather hardware related than a software issue. What are the specs of your computer?

    Regards,
    Ivan
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    Hi Shane,

    Maybe this is rather hardware related than a software issue. What are the specs of your computer?

    Regards,
    Ivan


    Gidday Ivan

    Late 2014 27" iMac
    i7 Processor
    24G 1600 DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB
    Running Mojave.

    Regards
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Gidday to you too Shane 😊

    So that's a 5K iMac too. I've been searching the internet quite intensively a few weeks ago and (almost) everyone who had problems of any kind with the C1P previews was working on a 5K Mac.

    On DPReview I even found a post of someone who changed the size of the margins and proof margins back to default (in Preferences > Appearance > Margins) and successfully solved his problems that way. If I remember right he also recommended setting the preview size to 3840 for a 5K monitor, and not 5120.

    Cheers,
    Ivan
    0
  • photo by FA
    I strongly believe, there is a problem with CO on iMac5K computers and I also believe the software is not optimized for this size at all.

    I keep preview size at 3840 as it is the biggest size I can see when the toolbar is on the left and the browser is on the right. I also set the software to run as low res, now speed is much better.

    While I was extensively testing the GPU usage of CO, I have realized GPU is not used or seldomly used for heat tasks such as mask drawing, Luma masking etc.

    I find it hard to believe, FCX can work on this computer (mine is M395X version) but CO cannot without major lags.
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I strongly believe, there is a problem with CO on iMac5K computers and I also believe the software is not optimized for this size at all.


    I get that impression too.

    Ivan
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    Gidday to you too Shane 😊

    So that's a 5K iMac too. I've been searching the internet quite intensively a few weeks ago and (almost) everyone who had problems of any kind with the C1P previews was working on a 5K Mac.

    On DPReview I even found a post of someone who changed the size of the margins and proof margins back to default (in Preferences > Appearance > Margins) and successfully solved his problems that way. If I remember right he also recommended setting the preview size to 3840 for a 5K monitor, and not 5120.

    Cheers,
    Ivan


    Fair enough, but that's not an issue in my case. I had used the 5120 preview size, but maybe a year ago, I backed off to 3840 to improve performance.

    It remains for me that previews are automatically generated about 75% of the time - but sometimes not.

    Weird!

    Regards
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="fatihayoglu" wrote:
    I strongly believe, there is a problem with CO on iMac5K computers and I also believe the software is not optimized for this size at all.

    ....

    I find it hard to believe, FCX can work on this computer (mine is M395X version) but CO cannot without major lags.


    Good point. FCPX flies on this machine as well.
    0
  • Shane Baker
    Curiouser and curiouser!

    In another thread on this board, I've raised the subject of TIFFS round-tripped to Affinity Photo apparently coming back about 0.8 stops over-exposed.

    This morning, finding some scanned family photos were off-line (I don't know why), I synched the folder. The previews were (wait for it) low res, so I right-clicked and instructed C1 to regenerate previews. As soon as I did they displayed as around 0.8 stops over-exposed!

    On my Mac at least, these two issues are linked.
    0
  • Shane Baker
    Curiouser and curiouser!

    In another thread on this board, I've raised the subject of TIFFS round-tripped to Affinity Photo apparently coming back about 0.8 stops over-exposed.

    This morning, finding some scanned family photos were off-line (I don't know why), I synched the folder. The previews were (wait for it) low res, so I right-clicked and instructed C1 to regenerate previews. As soon as I did they displayed as around 0.8 stops over-exposed!

    On my Mac at least, these two issues are linked.
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="ShaneB" wrote:
    Curiouser and curiouser!

    In another thread on this board, I've raised the subject of TIFFS round-tripped to Affinity Photo apparently coming back about 0.8 stops over-exposed.

    This morning, finding some scanned family photos were off-line (I don't know why), I synched the folder. The previews were (wait for it) low res, so I right-clicked and instructed C1 to regenerate previews. As soon as I did they displayed as around 0.8 stops over-exposed!

    On my Mac at least, these two issues are linked.


    And I also note that the histogram in Levels isn't displayed for these imported TIFFs. If I hit "Auto" for the levels, the preview at 3840 is generated, the histogram appears and the over-exposure issue isn't apparent.
    0
  • Peter Svancar
    i can confirm bad performance on 5k late 2015..4ghz 32gb ram GPU 395..
    FCPX is running fine
    Lightroom and basic adjustments are running fine
    Capture one lags a lot while doing basic adjustments...i need to work in low res mode.
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi,

    Thanks to Jon from the Phase One Support Team I think my problems have been solved.

    Well part of it, C1P not building previews and Adjustment option not being available in the import window, has been fixed for a while now, since a member of the Phase One Support Team changed permission settings on my iMac during a screen share session a couple of weeks ago. Now, since yesterday, the repeatedly regenerating of previews time after time seems to be cured too.

    Turned out the time setting on my two main camera bodies was wrong. I guess due to winter and summer time the cameras were one hour ahead. So when I imported images taken less than one hour before, C1P struggled with the time stamp of the images as it conflicted with the time setting of my iMac. If on the other hand the images were more than an hour old, C1P would build the previews only once.

    So I corrected the time setting in my cameras, did a couple of test shots, imported them immediately into C1P and the programs started building previews during import. And did this only once.

    I know it might be a little early to cry victory but somehow I'm confident the problem is solved permanently now. Fingers crossed.

    Ivan
    0
  • Robert Farhi
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:

    Turned out the time setting on my two main camera bodies was wrong. I guess due to winter and summer time the cameras were one hour ahead. So when I imported images taken less than one hour before, C1P struggled with the time stamp of the images as it conflicted with the time setting of my iMac. If on the other hand the images were more than an hour old, C1P would build the previews only once.

    So I corrected the time setting in my cameras, did a couple of test shots, imported them immediately into C1P and the programs started building previews during import. And did this only once.

    I know it might be a little early to cry victory but somehow I'm confident the problem is solved permanently now. Fingers crossed.

    Ivan


    Interesting information.
    Thanks.
    Robert
    0
  • Shane Baker
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    Thanks to Jon from the Phase One Support Team I think my problems have been solved.

    Well part of it, C1P not building previews and Adjustment option not being available in the import window, has been fixed for a while now, since a member of the Phase One Support Team changed permission settings on my iMac during a screen share session a couple of weeks ago.


    It would be useful for the rest of us if Phase One shared this process.

    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:

    Turned out the time setting on my two main camera bodies was wrong.


    Since I synched the time on my Nikon with my Mac just a couple of weeks back, that's definitely not an issue here.

    Hopefully, Phase One will blog the permissions process asap.

    Thanks for this update.
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Shane,

    Sorry to hear that the time sync solution doesn't work for you. And I can't help you with the permissions process. During the screen share session things went so fast and communication so slow that it was nearly impossible to see, let alone remember, the steps he took. It involved some Terminal actions and some changes in the System Preferences settings. That's all I've registered back then.

    I would suggest you create a support case (if you havent already) and maybe refer to my case. Good luck.

    Cheers,
    Ivan
    0
  • OddS.
    [quote="Ivan E.M." wrote:
    ...So when I imported images taken less than one hour before, C1P struggled with the time stamp of the images as it conflicted with the time setting of my iMac.


    Just out of curiosity: Do you know if C1 is confused by the file system timestamps or by time set in the file's metadata?

    If it is the file system timestamp, it may possibly help to "touch" relevant files.
    0
  • Ivan Mervillie
    Hi Odd S,

    I guess C1P is confused by the time set in the file's metadata, but I wouldn't bet on it.

    Ivan
    0

Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.